What has changed in the Scuba industry in the last 10-15 years?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or a cutting instrument which tends to be more useful. It does not have to be on the right waist strap.
With a 7 ft (2.1 m) primary regulator hose you need something on the right waist strap to hold the hose down in place. Otherwise, it floats around and gets in your way. Sticking the hose under a cutting device sheath in the middle of the waist strap doesn't really work. I suppose you could mount a second cutting device sheath on the right side, but it would be hard to reach with your left hand.

With a 7 ft (2.1 m) primary regulator hose you need something on the right waist strap to hold the hose down in place. Otherwise, it floats around and gets in your way. Sticking the hose under a cutting device sheath in the middle of the waist strap doesn't really work. I suppose you could mount a second cutting device sheath on the right side, but it would be hard to reach with your left hand.

I dive with my 2.1m primary regulator hose with a dive knife on my left waist strap as per my fundies training. It never got in the way...

My dive knife is often hidden on my cam band. Between my tank and wing. Very tough to get to. I keep a DGX trilobite thing on my belt, but it aint going to hold a hose.

I tuck the long hose into my waist belt. About 1/3 back, on the right. I didnt think Id like it, but it allows me to set how tight I want the long hose, perfectly, and adjust it easy.

I have them. They work very well. It is the DIN valves themselves that are fragile in a large commercial operation.
Fragile in what sense? They can get out of round if banged around?

Fragile in what sense? They can get out of round if banged around?
Correct. They get bent and they take longer to hook up and disconnect for filling. Not saying they aren't a good connection and have their strong points, But they aren't ideal in a large commercial dive operation.

Back
Top Bottom