How high to planes fly between Utila, La Ceiba, and Roatan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I was in Belize the plains flew from the mainland to Ambergris Cay at 1,000 ft and the dive shop still recommended not diving with 12 hours of your flight.

I am not sure how high they fly from Roatan (it has been 5 years since I flew from LaCeiba to Roatan), but I believe it is much more than the 1,000 ft. I experienced last year in Belize. I would still follow the guide lines.

Of course I want to be safe but hate to miss out on dives on Utila the day before we leave for Guanaja if 24 hours isn't needed for those flights after multiple days of diving; 12 hours isn't a problem. Thanks for responding!

here is what i got from NOAA. Do what you want with it.

My flight from La Cieba to Roatan, and then the charter to Guanaja couldn't have been more than 8000. probably more like 6000.

keep in mind that a pressurized plane is usually kept at 8000'. that being said, I would hate to have the plane depressurize and then get bent at altitude.

Attachments

• NoDecoAirTable NOAA.pdf
    27 KB · Views: 58
I know the puddle jumper from Grand Cayman to Little Cayman hit 8,000 feet.
I put my Atom into dive mode and it said ELV 8, I could also see the Alt. in the cockpit.

Roatan to utila and back was around 1500 ft during our flights FWIW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom