How horrible would a 60lb wing be with double 80s... for 10days?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So how was the Trip (weather and what wrecks & dive profiles did you do), and how did your Halcyon 40 Evolve Wing perform? Did you get to dive and meet anyone from Truk Stop?

Trip was great. Weather ranged from "fine" (we had some rain a few days, but nothing terrible especially not a problem if you were prowling around lower engine rooms) to "great" (plenty of sun an light winds) most of the time. Didn't get to meet/dive with anyone from Truk Stop. There were only three of us on the boat for the 10 days, so we got right underway within minutes of our flight landing. In fact, we were actually diving right after lunch on the day of arrival.

We did all the usual stuff:

Heian
Sankisan
Fujikawa
Nippo
Kansho
Yamigiri
Shinkoku
Fumitzuki
I-169
Hoyo
Kiyozumi
Hoki
Unkai
Gosei
Rio
Betty Bomber
Even did a few dedicated shark dives

We gave some of the deeper things a miss as I was the only deep/deco trained passenger. The boat/crew were happy to offer to take me to any wreck I wanted via skiff while the other folks dove from main boat, but I was fine doing longer dives on some of the "usual suspects" rather than have them ferrying me around on my own private tour. Was actually nice to have a relaxed pace from sun up to sun down - including dives - for ten days. In fact, if you ever have the opportunity to be one of only three passengers on a 140ft luxury liveaboard with 12 crew in a dream dive destination... I highly recommend you take advantage of it.

schiff_truk_siren_01.jpg

Truk-Siren_divedeck.jpg

siren-1-2.jpg

siren-1-12.jpg

Truk-Siren-Liveaboard-SCUBA-diving-2-1024x682.jpg

I've used it super wing on double 80s with no problems

Wow that is a beautiful ship!

Sounds like a great trip, hope the dive op can stay in business with so few customers.

Tobin
Kudos to you Tobin! --For your generous donation (via Rob McGann) of Deep Sea Supply Buoyancy Wings to the Chuukese Dive Guides of Truk Lagoon Dive Center :wink: !

Reactions: RJP

Back
Top Bottom