How is Egypt been affected by the present middle east crisis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Red Sea Shadow:
Even the known dive centers suffer when lots of beach holidays are involved. Imagine when the vast majority of guests are snorkellers and intros, what could a known dive center do about it? For sure they'll go to easy sites suitable for snorkelling and intros, and will avoid drifts as much as possible.

Asser
Yes this is true but...
The dive centre I use also takes snorkels on the boat. So they try to compromise between both groups - they take us on serious dive sites and when we have a surface break they move the boat to the snorkeling site. So divers are happy and snorkels.
So everything depends on the diving centre and their attitude.

Mania

mania:
Asser
Yes this is true but...
The dive centre I use also takes snorkels on the boat. So they try to compromise between both groups - they take us on serious dive sites and when we have a surface break they move the boat to the snorkeling site. So divers are happy and snorkels.
So everything depends on the diving centre and their attitude.

Mania
Mania,
This is valid for snorkellers only. All dive centers do the same. Snorkelling is done when the chef is making lunch and the boat is moored in an easy site.

However, if a big number of intro dives is involved, the other guides will be so busy with these. They can't finish all intros during this break.

It all depends on the percentage of divers to intros. If the majority is intros, the boat will moor almost all the time in an easy site. Your best shot will be doing one serious drift dive then an easy dive.

we are very saddened but life goes on and there are no security threats. The only thing that comes to my mind is downtown cairo they do some demonstrations sometimes. if you avoid that part you would not feel anything changed. And if your going to sharm/dahab or hurghada, marsa ur fine nothing there.

And i dived with israels 2 weeks ago they were okay but i think it's better to avoid it if u have an israel passport.

Cheers

DomaNitrogen:
we are very saddened but life goes on and there are no security threats. The only thing that comes to my mind is downtown cairo they do some demonstrations sometimes. if you avoid that part you would not feel anything changed. And if your going to sharm/dahab or hurghada, marsa ur fine nothing there.
Cheers

Thanks, I am also planning to visit the pyramids in Cairo and other landmarks there. I will have to have this in account.

I still intend to be there in November! There are always excuses of why not to visit a country that has some instability and there will never be a perfect time. So long as Egypt is not actively at war, my trip will go on as planned.

cmt489:
I So long as Egypt is not actively at war, my trip will go on as planned.

We have not been at war since before i was born and i am not that young :)

Hey

I just came back (about 10 days ago) from diving in Taba Egypt (I was in Israel when the war started). Really, all is fine and I experienced nothing out of the ordinary while in Egypt. Everyone was real friendly and I felt very secure.

Got back from a dive trip in the South RS on Tuesday. We boarded the LA at Hamata and disembarked at Hurghada. Sadly, the operators say business is definitely down and they have had cancellations , we saw that from the number of boats docked at Hurghada. We were the only boat at the very popular Elphinstone Reef and while it was nice to have the place to ourselves it was sad for the industry.

All I can say is that we had a really great time wherever we went. I spent some time in Cairo and deco time in Hughada as well. Nothing sinister to report - I felt safer walking the streets at night there than I would have back home.

Go to Egypt , it's a great place. Have a great time - it's your loss if you don't.

Back
Top Bottom