How is the visibility at LBTS been after all the rain?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoFlo_Diver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello everyone,
I was just wondering how the visibility has been lately in the Lauderdale by the Sea area. Due to the constant rain the viz suffers sometimes. I was planning on going there tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone had a viz report that could help me out, that way I don't take the drive all the way there just to cancel a dive. Thanks in advance for the help.

Same here, I was going to call and ask cause I'm really looking forward to diving tomorrow. I'll post up what they tell me so you have a idea.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I had a student yesterday on the dropoff and it was about 25 feet. I'd venture a guess its slightly worse from shore.

I did also see a manta ray.

OK so just got off the phone with Gold Coast scuba. He said he didn't think there was any reason not to dive tomorrow on the ocean side and that the viz would probably be OK. He also mentioned their still getting isolated storms.

ok thanks for the info. I decided to push the dive to sunday because I forgot a had a previous engagement. I'll check again later. So far the weather is nasty where I'm at... Tamarac.

ok thanks for the info. I decided to push the dive to sunday because I forgot a had a previous engagement. I'll check again later. So far the weather is nasty where I'm at... Tamarac.

Good call, I gave it a shot and surface currents were a mother *****. Even lost my Hollis F1 fin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom