How long do you wait to shore dive after a rainfall?

How long do you wait after the rain stops before shore diving?

• I don't have a rule that I follow

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • I don't wait at all

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • 1 day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 days

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • 3-4 days

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • 5+ days

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quintin and I are going out this morning. I'll let you know what the viz is like later today.

Quintin is also the one who's been sick for the past month. I'm sure that this is going to do wonders for him. LOL.

Please do.

We were thinking of trying the Cove on Sat. You two joining us on Sun morning at the Shores?

That is the plan so far.

On another, but related note, currently (9:00 am) at La Jolla Shores there is not even one diver here. I am the only car parked on Vallecitos. It is like a diver ghost town. However, in the water, there are about 80 surfers!

It is like a diver ghost town. However, in the water, there are about 80 surfers!

Get their numbers and let them be the guinea pigs... :wink:

Please do.

We were thinking of trying the Cove on Sat. You two joining us on Sun morning at the Shores?

Conditions at La Jolla Shores today were good. 15-20 feet of viz. No real surf. We didn't notice any surge or current. (We were on scooters though.)

Here's video clip courtesy of Konrad Fry that illustrates the record amounts of run off we're currently seeing in Orange County. This is just one of several major tributaries (the San Juan Creek) that flows into the ocean. So, who wants to go diving ? :wink:

Coliforms. Bottom line. Hah. Get it?

The Health Dept checks water quality and past experience shows that it takes 3 days after a rain for these fecal bacteria to settle down to levels that are not considered a risk to your health.

A main source is human and pet excrement washed downstream from streets, camps, etc.

You can't look at the water and see if it has a high coliform count, unless you wear very thick glasses. Someone should do a taste test and report back to us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom