How long is your Surface Interval?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't been in the water now for about 18 hours ... and won't be again until day after tomorrow.

I typically dive three or four days a week. My longest surface interval since I started diving was six weeks, back in 2003 when I had knee surgery.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

29 days. I feel light headed and my joints hurt.:( Can you get bent from not diving? :idk: Well at least I only have 84 hours until I get to recompress.

longest since certification...it's now been 6 weeks. Don't ever get bent!! Long surface interval is perhaps the most painful consequence!

Now that I'm back to diving, after my longest surface interval of six years, my longest surface interval now generally lasts from February to the Middle of April. I'm too busy at work then to dive and it's just too cold to dive wet. But I'd willing to recompress if I could find someone willing to dive in 38F water!

8 days since I was in Trial Lake, Utah, at 9200 ft altitude, nice tannic coloured water with tons of rainbow trout.

My breaks are typically 2 to 3 months, sometimes longer. My last dive was in early June, and my next one won't be for a few weeks. I try to squeeze as many as I can in when I do dive, but lately I've been managing only 25-35 per year.

Two weeks.....but have plans to hit a quarry on Saturday.

Usually I dive (for real) at least once a week.
But THIS year ..... don't ask .... I feel so bad :depressed: ... and with another trip coming up shortly it looks like it will be September before I can blow bubbles :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom