How many cave divers are here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They started getting harder to come by... mostly because I have to drive farther for something new to me :p

hey mat! I heard about this new cave. I dont think you've been there yet. it's called ginnie springs and I hear it goes.
let's go check it out :p

hey mat! I heard about this new cave. I dont think you've been there yet. it's called ginnie springs and I hear it goes.
let's go check it out :p
He's never been there, it'd be a new system to him. Not sure he's heard about it, let me copy/paste a description for him.

Ginnie Springs Outdoors houses one of North Florida's greatest cave systems with significant archeological and entertainment value. Once a hidden treasure, this underwater maze has become an amusement park for divers all around the world. The floors are elegantly decorated by stage bottle drags, scooter shroud marks, finger prints, and the not quite as frequent fin print. These features are beautifully encased with walls consisting of cave art by the 21st century aqua-stroke. Some highlights to this elegant artwork include valve marks in the ceiling, as well as a near-complete 20 year long project to remove all the geothite from the cave walls. As an added bonus, you can find cave maps, disco balls, as well as a few headstones for divers who didn't even do much cave diving littering this underwater gem. If exiting on a weekend, you might get to see the hilarious zero-to-hero course being taught to students in sidemount who have never even dove that gear configuration until the course. Once topside, you can witness the modern day drunk, as well as a few cave divers complaining that viz was ruined to an unacceptable (and dive turning) 50ft. So you don't forget this amazing experience, you can relive the moment by reading online first hand accounts of near death excitement when divers were cut off by DPV drivers exiting the roller coaster! With so much to explore, and at only $22/day, it's highly recommended that you make a weekend out of it.

Matt, can you really resist? :idk:

He's never been there, it'd be a new system to him. Not sure he's heard about it, let me copy/paste a description for him.

Ginnie Springs Outdoors houses one of North Florida's greatest cave systems with significant archeological and entertainment value. Once a hidden treasure, this underwater maze has become an amusement park for divers all around the world. The floors are elegantly decorated by stage bottle drags, scooter shroud marks, finger prints, and the not quite as frequent fin print. These features are beautifully encased with walls consisting of cave art by the 21st century aqua-stroke. Some highlights to this elegant artwork include valve marks in the ceiling, as well as a near-complete 20 year long project to remove all the geothite from the cave walls. As an added bonus, you can find cave maps, disco balls, as well as a few headstones for divers who didn't even do much cave diving littering this underwater gem. If exiting on a weekend, you might get to see the hilarious zero-to-hero course being taught to students in sidemount who have never even dove that gear configuration until the course. Once topside, you can witness the modern day drunk, as well as a few cave divers complaining that viz was ruined to an unacceptable (and dive turning) 50ft. So you don't forget this amazing experience, you can relive the moment by reading online first hand accounts of near death excitement when divers were cut off by DPV drivers exiting the roller coaster! With so much to explore, and at only $22/day, it's highly recommended that you make a weekend out of it.

Matt, can you really resist? :idk:

Hell im all in, go ahead and gear up if im a few minutes late. I will be there, really I will. :D

The floors are elegantly decorated by stage bottle drags, scooter shroud marks, finger prints, and the not quite as frequent fin print.

When I was there in April, there was talk of a full face print, although I did not see it myself.

NAUI OW cert in 2004
NACD Intro in 2005 with Bill O.
NACD Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox & Deco Procedures in 2006 with Jim Wyatt.
I don't really log much anymore, but 150-175 cave dives since full cave

Caves I've been in:

Ginnie
Peacock
Orange Grove
Madison
Little River
Wayne's World
Eagle's Nest (cavern zone only)
Buford Spring (not much cave there, but an awesome cavern)
3 in the Yucatan (I don't remember the names).

I dive sidemount, no DPV

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom