How many divers are dog lovers/owners?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here are some pics of my buddy Bear. we think he is a chow/husky mix a.k.a Chowsky! I hate leaving him behind though.

Attachments

• Bear3.jpg
    Bear3.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 20
  • bear2.jpg
    bear2.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 29
Here is my girl, Nyla Bean, during her last Birthday party with her cake and presents. Family is nearby so not a problem during travel.

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

I'm a long time dog-lover, as in my fiancee. The future in-laws are a 3hr drive away, so for long trips we just drop the "kids" off with them (1 dog, 1 rabbit, 1 fish). For shorter trips we have a few friends in town who'll spoil her for a few days, and the fish/rabbit are OK on their own for upto 4 days at a time...

Bryan

hers a couple of shots of my buddy although i have need a place to watch him while away since i will not board him

001.jpg

002.jpg

I had a dog up until this May, when I had to put my 4yr old best friend down due to cancer:(. If I was diving locally & would only be gone over night or maybe 2, I would take Raven to my mom & dad's house. I watch their dog when they are gone & they would watch mine. If I was going on a trip for about a week, I have a single brother who loved to get away from his apt. mates & would come over to watch the house, dog, cat & bird. If none of that could be arranged, then I would have no choice but to kennel Raven, my cat Hobbes & my bird Pretty Baby. If forced to use a kennel, I would use my former employer (a veterinary clinic). I'm most likely not going to get another dog until late this summer/ early spring as I am extremely busy with an instructor course, Adv. Nitrox & a cavern course this summer.

I had a dog up until this May, when I had to put my 4yr old best friend down due to cancer:(. If I was diving locally & would only be gone over night or maybe 2, I would take Raven to my mom & dad's house. I watch their dog when they are gone & they would watch mine. If I was going on a trip for about a week, I have a single brother who loved to get away from his apt. mates & would come over to watch the house, dog, cat & bird. If none of that could be arranged, then I would have no choice but to kennel Raven, my cat Hobbes & my bird Pretty Baby. If forced to use a kennel, I would use my former employer (a veterinary clinic). I'm most likely not going to get another dog until late this summer/ early spring as I am extremely busy with an instructor course, Adv. Nitrox & a cavern course this summer.

My heartfelt condolences on your loss. i can not imagine having to put a buddy down.:(

Thanks to all for the sweet pooch pics. just gotta luv our buds...

All the pictures are so cute!! This is quickly becoming one of my favorite threads.

Yeah, my wife and I HATE dogs, as you can see

dogbed.jpg

We have a dog sitter come and take care of them. No kennels will take Great Danes, and he only charges $15 a day. We usually take our older Dane Karma with us when we go somewhere locally. She's been to Rescue class, Divemaster class, and Fundamentals so far, so I figure she's got better diving certifications than most people...

Tom

Yet another Dog Lover:
IMG_0720.jpg

Here she is with her best friend, our one year old:
IMG_0775.jpg

Most diving is a non issue because my wife doesn't get into local diving. Any trips we do Shelby stays at the kennel just down the road. They rarely get boxers so she get PLENTY of attention.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom