How many dives did you do in 2008? (end of year trip report)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was a slow year. My wife informed me I was gone way to many weekend in 2007 and needed to spend a little more time around the house. I ended up with about 35 dives this year, but 09 is starting out good I'm heading to the Keys in a couple of weeks.

*Sigh* I am ashamed. Only 10 dives this year and 15 last year, and I live less than 20 miles from the ocean.

On the other hand, I did complete three classes: Nitrox, Navigation and Deep, and I busted a 13 year dry spell by re-certifying and starting to dive again in '07.

Now, I just need to get out to the beach more often! No more excuses!

What in the hell is a "Macrocystis"?

I did 11 dives this year, I got certified in May. But between work, college and dog rescue stuff, I just didn't have time to go as much as I'd like. 2009 will be much better. I plan to get Nitrox & AOW certified before summer. I'm debating on if I want to go out tomorrow, but the bf is out of town until Tues and I have no other dive buddies.

Final stats now that I'm home and pulled the Sensus....
196, and 213.88 hours underwater, with most of Q1 dry...
I'll admit, 1 was a 10 minute bad drop on the Captain Dan... :)

Tim:

I kept you out of the water for three months and you still got in 196 dives. That's great. I guess the "every weekend and every Wednesday night" thing really adds up! Here's to more dives together in 2009.

Doug

Only 121, that includes 3 trips to the Carribean(Ok two really because Cozumel isn't really Carribean).

56 dives down from my normal 70 to 80 dives per year as I donated a kidney to my Daughter, although I managed a few dives in Cozumel and Florida a nice change from my normal stomping grounds St Lawrence river and Lake Ontario.

Two words: not enough. Between an injury, a 6-week illness, other commitments, and lack-o-funds, this was not a high dive count year for me...in fact I'm not even going to go look because I know it will be depressing.

2009: dive! dive! dive! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom