How many dives do you do on a dive day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive when i want and however many times i want . There seems to be no shortage of friends to dive with and dive spots range from 5 minutes to 1.5 hours away . This place rocks , usually half the time i do two tanks.

jonix:
2 - 3/day per dive trip

usually at 3 different sites. Weekends most convenient to schedule but weekday more convenient for the diving (no one else at the resort so the staff pamper you. But also no good tasting buffet since it's not worth their time to prepare it).

During a normal week I'll do a single dive after work 2 or 3 times ... typically Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday ... then get in 4 to 6 dives on the week-end.

When on vacation, my daily schedule looks something like ...

- Dive
- Breakfast
- Dive
- Dive
- Lunch
- Dive
- Dive
- Dinner
- Dive
- Crash

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I use a HP120 tank so it is very rare for me to do only one dive a day since I get two good dives out of it. It depends on where I'm diving and whether it is from shore or boat. During the winter 2-3 dives each on Fri-Sat-Sun would be the norm. During summer 3-6 dives four days a week is my usual.

It also depends on how many people are at the site. I often spend much more time topside socializing at dive sites.

I dive solo 80% of the time so the need for a buddy isn't an issue (NOT that I'm recommending it to anyone else).

I have to drive 1 hour and a half to dive so I get 2 dives and sometimes 3 in. Mostly it's 2.

I have been places that I got in one dive a day but I had other things that I wanted to do.

My record is 4 in one day. I am sure that the dive trip that I have planned in Feb will be one of those 4 dive a day trips at least on some of the days.

If I lived closer to great diving, and my dive buddy was here, I'd dive daily at least once a day....

Almost always two dives in a day, unless it's a night dive where I usually only do one.

I forgot to mention that most of my dives lately have been around the 2 hour mark. So for some people it would be more like 3-4 dives.

Usually 2 dives/day on weekends if chartering, sometimes 3. Depends on which wrecks we're doing, NDL is often a factor, so often no chance of a 3rd dive.
1-2 dives/day if shore diving on weeknights.
While vacationing in warm spots, 2-4 dives/day
This time of year, when the water is in the high 40's, 1 hour-long shore dive is enough for me -- my drysuit leaks.
All sites are at least an hour's drive away. I am grateful to get even one 1 dive/day at this time of year, since most people I know don't dive past Labour Day, and others are just too busy to bother, even though they have drysuits.

I am usually a 2 tank per day when I do a boat trip in Florida. At night, it's usually 1 tank.

When I was in Roatan, I did 5 dives per day... Pretty similar to NWGratefulDiver's schedule, except I didn't do a dive before breakfast. How do you wake up so early Bob?

Never been to real dive vacation and tried warm waters, so this far max is 2 dives a day. The first half of this first season 2 dives would happen only when going out on a charter. Initially, when shore diving gearing up took about 3 hrs (that's how it felt), so by the time we got out of the water after the first dive it was either getting dark or we were starving or both - and always exhausted. The latter half we started managing 2 dives even from shore until cold weather put a stop to that. I am hoping next weekend's nitrox course will give a little boost for some additional dives per day. It's a pain to do all that work and just dip in once.

howarde:
How do you wake up so early Bob?
I'm used to it ... I get up at 4:45 AM every day for work. So on our Bonaire trip, Cheng and I were getting up at 4:30 and in the water by 5:15 to watch the shifts change.

Of course, by 9 PM I'm ready to turn into a pumpkin ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom