How much did it all cost?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeputyDan:
Total Approximately $2,185

Have not gone the computer route yet!

Then there is Nitrox, AOW, Stress and Rescue (Don't tell my wife) etc.

I hope she doesn't start reading the forums here on SB.
:11:

I'm in the $3500 range for this year. Will spend that again next year, planning on purchasing a dry suit, a set of steel doubles and all the accessories that go with them. I'm getting the impression that I will never be done spending, and yet I'll never be able to "keep up with the jones'"

nauidiver2004:
I'm in the $3500 range for this year. Will spend that again next year, planning on purchasing a dry suit, a set of steel doubles and all the accessories that go with them. I'm getting the impression that I will never be done spending, and yet I'll never be able to "keep up with the jones'"
For me, finally getting the drysuit and tanks was the key. That meant I could grab my gear and go diving locally anytime without having to go rent something. Plus, with all the money I spent at my LDS they are giving me free Nitrox refills, so it's now just gas money (unless I want to go on a dive charter).

Of course I still have my "wish list" of more diving gear to buy, but none of it is critical.

Jerry

I can personally attest to probably spending well over $100,000 easily in the last 15 years of diving. Yes I am as the others were addicted to the sport. I have not only what amounts to about 4 complete sets of gear (which my wife has also bought as well) but have bought three boats along the years as well (zodiacs, useless for everything but whale watching, scuba diving and sea based navy seal assualts)

Along with the courses (ow1, ow2 (old cert) advanced, Dive Master, rescue diver, nitrox, cavern, intro to cave, apprentice cave, full cave for both myself and my wife) and with courses upcoming (advance nitrox, deco procedures and trimix for both of us again).

Then take into account fills for gas every year (at one time I was doing 130 dives a summer on doubles in Canada, and it costs me about 1000.00 in gas each trip to florida for cave diving), rooms, etc!

I would cry but alas I am smiling way to much from all the amazing dives I have done all through the years which has made it all very very worthwhile. Case in point, my Mother In Law has now started to tell people her grandchild is called Bombard (its a zodiac boat for those that don't know).

Enjoy!

Darryl Koster

Lessons $145.00
Books $35.00
Rental Gear for lessons $40.00
Boat for ocean open water dive: $80.00
Regulator, Octopus, BC, Custom Wetsuit, Compass, Computer $1,200
3 years and counting of diving once a week or more and the sights I have seen..... Priceless!

I've been certified a little over a year now. Last I checked around 3K with OW, AOW, Nitrox certs. I also recently bought 2 PST E-7's and completed Rescue. I must be closer to 4K. That does not include a trip to G. Cayman and an upcoming NC trip.
Yep I'm addicted......

How much have you spent on the the other half?

Mine is simple: About 1K.

Other than her wet and dry suits, mask, fins, hood, booties and gloves, and some othe minor stuff, she gets my hand-me-downs. Oop's, almost forgot her pink tank. I lay no claim to that chunk of metal. :wink:

Gary D.

Me and my g/f are just getting into this and i already started buying the gear and now i won't dare add it all up after reading this. I have to leave now........ i'm going to throw up :l: :l: :l:

SHARKBAIT94:
Me and my g/f are just getting into this and i already started buying the gear and now i won't dare add it all up after reading this. I have to leave now........ i'm going to throw up :l: :l: :l:

Check him ref he’s hit on his hopper and he’s wiping. - me

Sounds like you play paintball :eyebrow:
If I recall my friend went nuts in that sport and spent zillions on gear and tournaments......
I guess you can go crazy in any sport but you don't really have to spend 3 or 4K, you can get in cheaper if you shop around, decent used gear, ebay whatever.

Hmm..
I always joke that I pour all my disposable income into dive gear.
I just realized it's not a joke, it's true..

Now approaching 10k, and that's on a poor grad student budget!! :11:

Back
Top Bottom