how much would you be willing to pay for van transfer manila-anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i costed it that way because i am trying just to cover the expenses involved in running the trip. the single transfer is more expensive because more than likely these will be on weekdays or days when there will be no other divers to join the transfer. On weekends other divers mostly dive pros will join the return trip (im hoping) so thats extra income. At these prices we barely cover the costs for small groups but lets see how it goes an i will adjust the prices later as necessary.

the goal is to provide a good tranfer service to anilao for individuals not wanting to rent a van or go on public transfer.

anilao resorts charge you 2x for single occupancy considering that they actually spend on LESS food...

ferrying around 1 passenger means he can't use the van to ferry around 7-9 divers

i think mlsantos' rates make sense... IMHO i would keep weekday trips OFF the menu for regular divers/ trips... basically just say you offer private charters as well so that's a separate part of the business

looking forward to needing your service/s... like someone said earlier you will lose money in your first few trips but as word gets around (i would invest in flyers - even riso'ed ones lang - that you would place in most of the resorts) it would be good to have that sort of service. 1300 R/T is still cheaper than paying for your own gas, driving home in traffic after a great day's dive, and the wear and tear on your vehicle

personally i've been dreaming of setting up a service like this as well... but i haven't won the lotto yet, so that'll have to wait
Jag

PS
do the rates adjust automatically? let's say when i book a seat there's only 3 of us, when we actually leave there's 6... do i automatically pay less?

hello shugar... yes thats the idea... lets say if you book 3 pax.. but on the day itself theres more pax than you pay for the price for 6 pax. we are as of the moment operational so please let me know if anyone wants to use the service....

I have made this trip Jan 2011 to Laiya, Batangas. We paid 4000 RT + gas money and tolls. I believe Laiya is further than Anilao, Batangas. The vehicle was a Mid size SUV, like an Isuzu. We did not dive but the vehicle would have accomodated 4 adults + driver and gear. It was just a day trip from Manila. I can give the email for anybody who is interested. Reliable and honest, professional driver.

hey jeffdb like you said you paid 4000 + gas + plus toll... so it all amounted to just about 6thousand pesos or so?... that was for a day trip too... if the vehicle had to drop you off and come back for you 3 days later... then you would've probably paid for two trips... :) the going rate for private transfers to anilao at the moment is 4000.00php per way... so 8000.00php for a back and forth... scu-bus is cheaper... :) happy diving....

on batangas trips it would cost 4,000 round trip plus gas plus toll (*plus barangay toll !!!)
and we feed the driver, face it your life is dependent on the driver.
a happy driver is a safe driver.

a complaining driver is a dangerous diver . :wink:

*you would know a barangay toll when you get stopped with a rope across the street !!! php5.00 is a small price to pay for your security hehehehe

Lolo Pao!!! Youre alive! Magugulo na naman ang PPD hehehe :D

P4,000 round trip? I doubt it.

all the resorts i asked said 4000php per way for van rental... anyways ive posted the prices of the service in the marketplace under anilao scu-bus... your comments are welcome....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom