how much would you be willing to pay for van transfer manila-anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi mlsantos,
The ball is in your court. Victory Liner wasn't built in one day! Every success story there is hundred of failure behind it.
Good luck.

Hi mlsantos,
The ball is in your court. Victory Liner wasn't built in one day! Every success story there is hundred of failure behind it.
Good luck.

to make it more viable, here's a template Wow Manila Sakay Na! Hop on Hop Off - Pasig, Philippines Travel Blog
the business survives not only by the tourists ticket payment...advertising also helps make the business viable, where the service currently provides livelihood to a staff of around 15. Personally helped in development of the ad program and ad marketing collaterals (for free, was a friends MBA thesis, now thriving)
I'd love to see this fly, I think the transfer rate to be successful will be USD20-25. I'm a willing investor in this endeavor, I saw it worked. ROI potential (brand new Vans)- 2-3 yrs. :coffee:

Jun... that's a good initiative. The concept could easily be expanded into an Anilao resort transfer service.

As you say, marketing and promoting it to tourists is the critical factor... but that's nothing beyond some basic web-design, SEO and making use of available internet publicity sources... plus some clever partnership forming and official accreditations.

If a reliable, daily transfer service to/from Anilao resorts was properly marketed, I am pretty sure it would create its own market...and dominate it.

I'll say this again - Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Laos and Cambodia all have reliable tourist travel networks. The concept is proven. The market is here, if anyone cared to exploit it.

Offering 'a lift' to Manila-based divers isn't a new market...and doesn't have much growth potential.

Tourists generally aren't interested in catching local bus/jeepney/trike transport in a foreign country. I've lived here for 3 years - and the route/process described in these threads still confuses me. Instructions like "Just take a Ceres bus from Buendia" don't mean anything to a foreigner who has never been here before. It's not something I'd be eager to do - especially with several heavy bags full of expensive dive equipment, at the end of a long flight. For families, elderly or infirm tourists, it's a non-starter. It's a very different experience for a tourist, compared to what a local Filipino would think of it.

mlsantos: dude, i'm go for that... diving has become much more democratized in the philippines nowadays which means so many younger and newer divers are getting in to it...

it's no longer a rich kid's thing... AND that means many divers don't have their own cars OR have cars that can survive the trip to batangas... or even people who just don't want to drive after a great day's diving

if you can make it about 1k per round trip that would be amazing - but i'm in, keep me posted... aqauv lang ako or balai hehehe

Jag

Ok so i got some messages with interest and actually have scheduled my first transfer. Like i said there are some costs that i need to work out. but as a start im going to be offering round trip transfers on the weekends. weekday trips can be done on special arrangement. im still trying to figure out pricing but for a start i do not want to lose money on this. so for a start the ROUND TRIP FARE prices are as follows.

for 1pax it will be 6000 (that is still 2000php less than the norm)
for 2-3pax it will be 1500/pax
for 4 or more pax it will be 1300php per person.

email me at marco@divecentralasia.com for questions and bookings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom