How often do divers use underwater writing slate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have one buddy who uses her slate to write me wordy UW essays; one instructor who plays "Sign-language Simon-says" but would be better off using a slate; and one friend whose slate I thought belonged to my husband, so I wrote a romantic message on it for him to read underwater. Who says they are "serious" pieces of equipment? I am waiting for the UW Etch-a-Sketch. :arrow:

Originally posted by art.chick
I am waiting for the UW Etch-a-Sketch.

It exists -- I did a dive with a divemaster who had one. It was rather good, actually. Writing was much darker and easier to read than on a regular slate, and he could write in REALLY BIG LETTERS and then just erase the message and start again. On the downside, it was much bulkier than a regular slate.

Zept

I have one of the etch-a-sketch ones....but only bring it if I'm diving with someone new. I've been teaching my regular buddies ASL. I'd much rather sign to someone underwater than try and write what I'm trying to say.

Back
Top Bottom