How often do you dive "dry" year round?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Northeast here.

I dive dry (DUI TLS SE) all year even in the warmest months. Even if the air temp is in the 90's and the water over the thermocline is around 75, the temperature under the thermocline rarely gets warmer than 41 so I would need my old 2x7 mm wetsuit anyway.

I use a 3 mm shorty in the caribbean and sometimes in the river (Thousand Islands) when it reaches 70+ F

Dry all year. I tried going wet for a dive back in August. That was a mistake...

I should sell my wetsuits. Since getting drysuit I only go wet for tropical vacations which I have had 1 this far. I guess the 7mm is good to keep as a back up for any drysuit problems...

For local diving in the NE USA, I dove wet only one season, then bought a drysuit and began year-round drysuit diving in water temps from the mid-30's to mid-80's. Completely comfortable just by adjusting the amount of insulation.

I've averaged about 75 drysuit dives per year, of which about 20 per year are during the colder 6 months.

With a little finesse, donning and wearing a drysuit in the summer can be done without overheating.

And it sure feels great to be in a drysuit when hitting the cold water below the thermocline!

I don't own a wetsuit anymore, but rented a 3mm shorty for the tropics (Bonaire) a few years ago. I won't dive wet in local waters again.... not warm enough for me! :D

Dave C

Just got a new dry suit this year. A DUI TLS350, will be diving dry all year now The suit is great. Once you go dry you never go back.

I've never even considered putting my wetsuit on since I started diving dry. Should probably sell it:)

I basically dive dry all year. Then again, its not really caribbean water temps in Norway..

Wife bought me a 7mm wetsuit for my birthday. I traded it in on a wing. 3mm or dry here. Year round. Colder months tend to keep the 5 dives/year crowd off the boat.:D

I dive dry (DUI TLS350) all year here in the Northeast. I use a wetsuit when I travel to the Keys and Caribbean.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom