How often do you get your regs serviced?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The air in it has been in there since summer 2007. Wonder it I should hook up and breathe that?

:D

Air does not go stale. It is the same age inside the tank as it is on the outside of the tank. Considering the start point, beginning of the universe or the age of the earth, the atoms composing it are at least 4.5 billion years old in one form or another.

N

Good thing people rent tanks because that tank I bought in 2007 and had "serviced" hasn't been "serviced" since. I just checked it in March of 2014 and the inspection sticker on it shows Feb 2007..... The only water it's ever seen was pool water while I was getting certified.

The air in it has been in there since summer 2007. Wonder it I should hook up and breathe that?

If the tank and the air were both clean and dry when filled, it should still be fine.

OTOH, if the tank was contaminated, the air might not be safe to breathe. The only way I know how to be sure is to drain it, check the tank for rust, water, oil, <whatever>, close it back up and refill it with good air.

Personally, I'd check. My life is worth more than a quick look inside and an air fill.

flots

The very old regs from the 60s lol had rubber ex valves and diaphragms and were looked at every year with sil. they seam to last a verry very long time

Back
Top Bottom