Question How old are you and how long certified? Poll- please take part!

How old are you and how long certified?

• 10-18

Votes: 13 1.3%
  • 19-29

Votes: 81 8.4%
  • 30-39

Votes: 153 15.8%
  • 40-49

Votes: 199 20.5%
  • 50-59

Votes: 231 23.8%
  • 60-69

Votes: 213 22.0%
  • 70-79

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 80-89

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • 90 and over

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes. SE Florida, FT Lauderdale area. When weather bad, head an hour north to Blue Heron Bridge (world renowned for diversity from nudis to manatees). Short dive for me is 2 hours.

A lot of divers in the 60 plus age dive at the bridge

Are there more shore dive sites in addition to BHB?

So you will take me to dive there when I came to visit??

Certified in 1996 at 12. Diving has been my job since I was 18. Lots of dives.
Good going waves_221. …an experience I,would have liked. U/W archaeology was one of the most memorable volunteer experiences ever for me. …not really practical as a career…but would have been Fun.

giantfroginthepool

Yessss, I have heard of this place. It’s even popular for folks up this way. …time to travel to S. FL again.😁

giantfroginthepool

67 yrs old, certified for 40 years. ~3,000 dives. Diving actively since beginning.
1/2 in Great Lakes, 1/2 in Caribbean, Indonesia, BC coast, Fiji, Australia.......
…sounds like what I am looking for in my retirement years….the water keeps getting warmer with little need for wetsuit.
giantfroginthepool

Just about anyplace you can find a parking spot, you can dive. Some are longer surface swims than others, usually less than 75 yards out.
And yes. Lets dive!

Age 72, certified in 1962 at age 11, just hit 61 years this month since the start of my SCUBA class — it was "SCUBA" and not "Scuba" in those days. Come to think of it, It was listed under "Skin Diving" in the phone books and was the most common name for the sport. Still diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom