Question How old are you and how long certified? Poll- please take part!

How old are you and how long certified?

• 10-18

Votes: 13 1.3%
  • 19-29

Votes: 81 8.4%
  • 30-39

Votes: 153 15.8%
  • 40-49

Votes: 199 20.5%
  • 50-59

Votes: 231 23.8%
  • 60-69

Votes: 213 22.0%
  • 70-79

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 80-89

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • 90 and over

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

51, first certified in April 1990, 1100+ logged dives, CCR diver since right after the beginning of the damned pandemi. Wish to dive until I'm over 80 like a buddy of mine.

What is this "retire" word you speak of?

I figure I'm working until the bitter end. In fact, I predict the messy end with the EMT service pumping on my chest, and someone saying "Think you could get him to sign this?". I secretly hope it is an aneurism, and it is messy for them to clean up in my office....

If I have to stick it out that long, someone is going to have to pay the price for it....
My best regards to you, my vintage SCUBA peer. I am looking for a Kraken myself. Right now I am setting up a Waterlung Dual-Air by Sportsways as a complete Open Water regulator setup. This regulator made in 1961, 1962 is remarkable with a HP gauge port and three LP ports for octo, power inflator and an additional ‘tool’. A regulator ahead of its time. …also breathes like a ‘dream’. I am also a collector as well as a diver. Get ‘Wet’ often. Retirement just means more unfettered time for most. I am happy my employer ( NC DOT ) is very flexible with time off once you have been working with them over 10 years. BTW, I have 2 Waterlung D-A regs. One is all original with little use in its lifetime. As for going ‘out-with-a-bang’….it has its merits😁.
Sincerely
giantfroginthepool
Scott G. Bonser

This seems redundant but…

68, certified in 1971 at 16 NASDS, retired in 2010.

dive as often as the conditions allow, this has been a bad year so far, it over 3 hours to get to Monterey for me to dive but go pretty much weekly.

diving coldish water is hard, driving is hard but if you let that get to you you’ll stop diving because it’s easier to not dive, not diving get easier and easier at,east it seems so judging by how many non diving divers I know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom