How old were you when you started diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you'll find that those that started younger tend to be from places where diving is more cultural (FL, coastal areas, etc) or where family members are divers.
Many of us that start later it's because it's not something anyone we know does.

I agree with you. I was 46 when I started almost 4 years ago. Being from the landlocked north, I didn't know any other divers before I started. I did a Discover Scuba while on a Caribbean cruise, and that's what got me hooked.:D

Just as well I didn't get started sooner. It's an expensive sport and (for me) requires travel. I'm glad I waited until the mortgage was paid and the kids were grown.

I was 26 when I was certified. I should have been 25, but the ship I was working on at the time stopped going to Cozumel for 6 weeks due to swine flu. so by the time we got back and I finished, 26.

Hubby and I were 38, my son got his at 12 go figure !!! Maybe if my parents were divers or vacationed anyplace but Kansas (no offense but the back of a station with your sisters is NOT a vacation) I would have done it earlier ??? it's all what you get exposed to.
LOL sorry for the bad pun I couldn't make myself re write it because it made me laugh for many reasons !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom