How old were you when you started diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was 15. It doesn't matter when you start. I have been diving for a few years, I am not 29 and I know divers that have been diving less then me and have many more dives. Its about the time you can put into it, and what you expect to get out of it.

My problem is I travel to much, now I want to become an Instructor and make more of my life about diving. Maybe this is your time to bring diving into your life and enjoy it!

15, but I didn't really embrace the sport until I was in my 30s. And I'm glad, because playing football or hockey now, as I did in high school and college, would be awfully painful. And diving when I was a teenager was awfully expensive, even locally.

10; got my full NASDS Open Water card just before my 11th birthday. My last two certification dives were 80ft wreck dives. The steel 72's were almost as big as I was. Loved it then; love it now.

16, My dad got interested for a while and I talked him into letting me use the gear. Been diving ever since, finally had to get certified in '80. Through moves, jobs, careers, fortunes, marriages and whatever life happened to toss in for effect, I just keep on diving. How I do it may not be right or pretty but I love it and I'm not stopping till they cover me with dirt. 62 now and thinking about a rescue class to see if the young punks can pull my fat a** out of the water.

Bob

OW at 12, AOW at 16, Rescue at 20. Then life came along. I swear I'll get my DM and Instructor's one of these days :)

45-my reward to myself for losing #100! Best thing I have ever done.

I got OW certified on my 25th birthday.. that was 3 years ago.. just wish I had gotten my act together earlier regarding my asthma so I could have started earlier!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom