How old were you when you started diving?

How old were you when you started diving?

• Less than 20

Votes: 94 27.8%
  • 20-29

Votes: 75 22.2%
  • 30-39

Votes: 60 17.8%
  • 40-49

Votes: 69 20.4%
  • 50-59

Votes: 37 10.9%
  • 60+

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I first got certified in 1978 at the age of 18...then got all my other certifications in 2009 and 2010. My biggest achievement...getting my son qualified OW at 15, Nitrox and Advanced at 16

Certified at 52 in 2007, and when I think of all the years and trips wasted on the surface :crying2:

35- last year! Hopefully many more dive years to come.

Somewhere between 13-15. Took a long time to get 'legal' though.

Jeff

Got certified OW and AOW at age 21, then moved from Sydney to NYC for three years, then Dublin, Ireland, for 2 years (both cities are fantastic but neither are noted for their diving). Didn't get back into it back in Sydney, then career, marriage, kids . . . took it up again early this year age 43, now got Rescue Diver and am a freshly minted divemaster. Wish I'd gotten back into it much earlier.

One of the regulars on our boat got certed 2 years ago age 73, last weekend we celebrated his 100th dive. He is spookily good on air.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom