How soon can you drink alcohol after diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I saw the title of this thread I bought to myself...I wonder how long it will take Robert Arak to answer. I opened it and got my answer.
My answer? Your lagging behind if you're completely dry before you've opened your beer.

Although alcohol after diving should not significantly affect the likelihood of DCS; the effects of alcohol might mask or mimic some DCS signs or symptoms.
examples: less likely to feel pain (mask), but more likely to get sleepy (mimic).

I usually like to shower off first, but it isn't mandatory.

As soon as the gear is off. But not too much beer if i plan to dive the next day but after the last dive of the trip... as soon as the gear is off :p

A Finnish group I was guiding a few years back, delivered beer or vodka before you had climbed the ladder.

Jack Daniels and I agree with all of you people, except the guy that thinks I'm going to fall asleep on the boat. What a good group of people......

I seldom drink anymore but this thread made me laugh. :D

Like Lynne I had to wait until I got all the way up the ladder first. :rofl3:

R..

Last shore dive of the day, the cooler gets opened and beers handed out as soon as we reach the truck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom