How to deal with Fiji in 10 days?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taveuni is good - but if your going to stay there, I recommend the Garden Island Resort. It's the closest resort to the dive sites that everyone is talking about in this thread - maybe a 15 min ride as opposed to 45 min for the other resorts. However, there are better options than Taveuni, as its signature sites show a little wear from too many divers. Before I did Taveuni, I did the Fiji Aggressor for a week, which takes you out into the Bligh Waters where you 5 dives a day for a week. Out there is where you see the soft coral colors that are just staggering. We are going back next year and plan to do the Na'ia liveaboard, which by all reports is better than the Aggressor, and leaves out from Laotoka only 20 miles north of the international airport.

My favorite sites while on the Fiji Aggressor were around the island of Namena, and I understand there is a land based resort there now. So if all you're going to do is a land based resort in Fiji, I'd look into staying on Namena.

I'd steer clear of Bequa, as flying all the way to Fiji and only seeing that is like going to the Grand Canyon and only visiting the post office.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom