How to explain new purchases

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here' a possible solution: Buy your stuff, give it to a friend. Have the friend come over and give you back the stuff you "loaned" him a few years back. :eyebrow:

For you LDS owners;
NEW SHOP GIMMICK!
With every purchase get free gift wrapping with a signed certificate that congratulates you on winning the "GRAND PRIZE RAFFLE"!

How about the charity card...

selling your old stuff to support Kimbers cause?

Jon C:
When I get caught, I respond with "I guess I could take it back and just hope I don't die. However, I will need to show you how to mow the lawn before my next dive, just in case."

Oh man, I'm using that one...

-B.

It's simple, you just create the impression that the choices are

a) you spending the weekend on a small boat with your friend, Fat Dave

b) You spending the weekend in a hotel, with your secretary, Brandy

She'll buy the stuff for you

My gf (also a diver) was complaining about me saving up cash for dive gear. I'm saving up around 4 grand. she just started the hobby of making jewelry and has around 1500 on her credit card.

I just show her this forum. She's so thankful for my upfront honesty, she lets me go hogwild at the LDS!

Also, lying like crazy helps.

When all else fails, I remind her that _she_ was the one who wanted kids. Nothing drains the wallet faster than a kid, unless it's a boat.

(Actually, honey bought me my open water course as a Christmas present, and has been very supportive... she won't let me buy the cheap stuff when it's life support equipment, for instance, but demands that I buy the best.)

I have given up on explaining new gear to my girlfriend.. I just bring it home and show her she sighs, asks "do you really need that?" I always say "of course", then she asks "well where is mine??"

I keep trying to get my wife into Diving.... I'm baiting her with camara gear though.... *wince this might be a bad idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom