How to fold and stow the lift bag in the backplate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My instructor told me to avoid hanging anything that could flop around on my backplate and cause an entanglement hazard. I guess that would apply to a bungee'd lift bag.

As far as what an MC Storage Pak costs, it's the equivalent of what my brother spends on gaz and oil for his Seadoo in one day, plus it's a one time purchase and no maintenance...:14:

Cost is no issue... The problem is not everyone dives a Halcyon plate. If you don't dive an H plate, the MC pack probably won't fit your plate. I guess everyone has to dive an H plate, then? I know that's not the answer, so the question becomes what is the best method when the MC pack is not an option. Looks like the best candidate thus far is the bungee method.

Cost is no issue... The problem is not everyone dives a Halcyon plate. If you don't dive an H plate, the MC pack probably won't fit your plate. I guess everyone has to dive an H plate, then? I know that's not the answer, so the question becomes what is the best method when the MC pack is not an option. Looks like the best candidate thus far is the bungee method.

I bet I know what JJ would suggest. :wink: I've also seen guys stuff pretty big bags in their pockets. Not sure if/how they get anything else in there, though... Yeah, I guess bungee is the next best solution.

My instructor told me to avoid hanging anything that could flop around on my backplate and cause an entanglement hazard. I guess that would apply to a bungee'd lift bag.

You must be made differently than I am. There's not a lot of room for "flopping around" between the tanks and my butt. :wink:

Do make sure you run the crotch strap under the bag, i.e. between the lift bag and the diver, or deploying the bag gets interesting :11:

Tobin

If you guys look closely at the pictures I posted you'll notice that they show a Halcyon MC pack attached to a DSS plate. The holes don't line up just right but it is close enough to work well. I've got too much stuff in my pockets to put a lift bag in there.

If you guys look closely at the pictures I posted you'll notice that they show a Halcyon MC pack attached to a DSS plate. The holes don't line up just right but it is close enough to work well. I've got too much stuff in my pockets to put a lift bag in there.

What size of DSS backplate do you own?

God, I hate it when Halcyon always comes up with the RIGHT answer.
Guess we're lucky to live in their shadow.
Ha,HA

Milo

The MC pack fits the OMS plate quite nicely.

Dave

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom