How to get dive gears cheaply?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajcyang

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey all,
So I was wondering if there are black friday events for websites like scubatoys/leisurepro, or what are the best seasons in the year to get good deals online?

Thanks,

Ps. Before all the support LDS comments come out, I just want to clarify that I am from Taiwan. And even though a lot of gears may be manufactured here, we get a ridiculous mark up due to a smaller diving market here.

Depending on what your getting, buying used is great option as well.

In NZ there was normally a cheaper rate during Autumn as shops moved towards selling Winter sports.

However diving equipment simply costs money- as do many other sports. If you dive often enough to justify owning all or most of your gear, that's great, however renting is also a valid option for many divers.

I was wondering if there are black friday events for websites like scubatoys/leisurepro

Yes, DRIS usually has some good specials too

Scubatoys does a Black Friday sale, I received a few e-mails about it last year. They ship everywhere also.

Shop for sales and discontinued lines. Of course caution is necessary so do some research, but it seems like every kind of scuba gear changes after a couple of years of production, and the outgoing models are frequently discounted dramatically.

So I was wondering if there are black friday events for websites like scubatoys/leisurepro, or what are the best seasons in the year to get good deals online?

The cheapest place to get SCUBA gear is from people who were sold a whole package and don't dive anymore.

Check eBay and also ask your friends if they know anybody.

flots.

lol scubacrap... sorry but that name just seems ironic and unsafe. ^^"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom