How to get in and out of a Neotek wetsuit w/o help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You just might become a freediver.,. Eventually

Also. On a serious note, it is not often that I am diving completely alone,. Almost always have someone around to do the back zip or to help me get out of the suit.

You have me puzzled.
You mean that tongue in cheek as in "going commando" or?
OK, if so, if I ever end up on a liveaboard with you, remind me to not take the spot next to you on the dive deck...

I guess most of the time I won't be diving completely alone either, but I definitely will some of the time... (Shore or kayak) And on the yak getting the darn suit off (at least the top) may be necessary for me to paddle some distance w/o overheating (or "overchacing"). But then, hopefully I also find opportunity to do that in warmer waters & in a thinner suit... (how far again to the Dry Tortugas? - kidding...)

I have that same neosport lycra that I posted earlier and when I dive wet it is with a SEAC Warmdry 5mm. With the lycra that thing slides on like butter. I would save the "lube" for defog.

You have me puzzled.
You mean that tongue in cheek as in "going commando" or?

I think he was just making a joke alluding to the fact that most freediving wetsuits are all "skin-in" and require lots of lube to don.

Well I know many are against wetsuit lube, but that is what freedivers use. Hair conditioner is used by millions in the U.S. while washing hair and goes down the drain to the sewage treatment plant then into our rivers and oceans.

I get a conditioner that is not offensive to my nose and does not react with my skin. Dilute 1 part Conditioner to 10 parts Water or is it 1 part to 9 parts for a total of 10 parts? It does not matter whatever works in a small spray bottle.

Only spray the parts of the wetsuit that are hard to get on. Semi-dry it is the forearms and lower legs, sometimes the shoulders. Be careful overspraying the legs if it drips into socks or booties. Never spray socks or booties as they will slip around on feet while walking.

Freedive wetsuit it is the chest, back, arms and legs.

I have never seen a freediver spray their body.

There are environmentally friendly wetsuit lube such as suitslip. There must be also environmentally friendly hair conditioners as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom