How to get mold off equipment??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andi327

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have mine and my husband's scuba equipment stored in tubs. Well, our house flooded, we got all the water cleaned up, and I moved all the tubs back not thinking about the moisture in the air. So, a couple of months later I get into his tub and his BC, mask strap, regulator, etc. has mold all over it. My question to all of you is HOW THE HECK DO I GET IT OFF???

FYI: After I get this stuff off his equipment I'm putting his stuff in a tub like mine (he got one of our older tubs...whoops).

Last edited:
Lol i dont know maby a bleach/water mixture????? never thought of mold growing on my stuff

I had mould in the corners of my mask, and I used 3% peroxide, and it worked very well to remove it all. I just let the peroxide sit in the mask overnight.

It might be worth a try.

I just use bleach mixed with water...half and half and a tooth pick for the mold under the lenses

vinegar should help - no idea about concentration!

Vinegar will work too...Straight concentration the comes out of the bottle

So, a couple of months later I get into his tub and his BC, mask strap, regulator, etc. has mold all over it. My question to all of you is HOW THE HECK DO I GET IT OFF???
I have cleaned snorkels and masks in Chlorox - straight. No reason a diluted Chlorox mix shouldn't work on regs

I'm worried about using Clorox on his BC because it's black and well ya know Clorox is bleach and well it bleaches stuff.

...And the vinegar idea...won't that make your stuff smell like vinegar??? Thanks for the suggestions. I just don't know where to start.

All the suggestions made so far will work. But remember that mould is not always just on the surface, but it may have eaten into the material. Some mould cannot be removed.

Back
Top Bottom