How to get my stolen camera back?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

koen4162

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Last Monday April 14th, my Sea & Sea 750G digital compact camera (picture attached) was stolen in Lisbon just before I flew back to Belgium. I reported it to the airport police but chances are very slim that they will find it back.
I still have the underwater housing.

I am open to any good suggestion on how to increase chances to get it back, as there are not so many Sea & Sea camera's around. I do have the serial #

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Sea and Sea 750G.JPG
    Sea and Sea 750G.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 58
Hate to say it...unless the police bust somebody dealing in stolen merchandise, your camera is as good as gone...

Check auction sites like E-Bay and see if you find a listing in Europe.

Even if you track it down to an ebay site, you'll be dealing with cops from overseas who really won't want to get involved. And even if you did get them interested, your handler of stolen goods will tell them that they bought it from another ebay site, or at a car boot sale or something.

Sorry to say this, but you've got no chance of ever getting it back.

Insurance claim time I reckon,

best regards

Brendan

For insights into the world of diving related photojournalism go to:

Brendiver's World

My Canon G7 was stolen and I also made a police report. They were honest and told me I would never see the camera again. I'm glad I have insurance. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know what a drag it is to have your stuff stolen.

Back
Top Bottom