how to identify original and pro model without the label

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WAI SHING LUNG

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, With the same outlook of pro and original model, how can i idenify them of there is no label attached.

Well, with out the right measuring tool, I can say, Neon color.. it is Pro. If blue or red or any other color original and if very flexable it is not a Pro. Hope this helps.

Well, with out the right measuring tool, I can say, Neon color.. it is Pro. If blue or red or any other color original and if very flexable it is not a Pro. Hope this helps.
Thank you bob. Will force fin consider to use some new way for customer to identify if the cost of different label is high (e.g. inscribed the pro or original into the fin).
Anyway, i see force fin is going to have new material from this forum, any news?

When we shipped over a 100 pairs of Force Fin per day..for many years, we had labels Pro/ Org. sewn onto straps. But with our production cost climbing and a drop out of over 900 deales, and our main customers being Military we dropped the labels. We are making a nice blue for those customers who like blue..not in pro. Thanks...

upload_2018-8-3_17-9-28.png upload_2018-8-3_17-9-55.png upload_2018-8-3_17-13-36.png upload_2018-8-3_17-14-56.png

Wow Bob, I just sent an email to your website asking this. I have micrometers and/or dial calipers to use, are there other instruments that are required to verify? We used the calipers to check. We have two pairs, one is sized L, the other XXL. I am thinking that the size difference COULD account for the thickness difference. You would know if that is incorrect or not. We also have the fins clamped on a table by one point and the deflection difference is seen. I attached some pictures showing the center spine thickness and a stiffness comparison (the XXL is the stiffer one). The spine of the XXL pair is approximately .370 inches thick and the center spine of the L fin is approximately .320 inches thick.

View attachment 472644 View attachment 472645 View attachment 472648 View attachment 472649

Wow Bob, I just sent an email to your website asking this. I have micrometers and/or dial calipers to use, are there other instruments that are required to verify? We used the calipers to check. We have two pairs, one is sized L, the other XXL. I am thinking that the size difference COULD account for the thickness difference. You would know if that is incorrect or not. We also have the fins clamped on a table by one point and the deflection difference is seen. I attached some pictures showing the center spine thickness and a stiffness comparison (the XXL is the stiffer one). The spine of the XXL pair is approximately .370 inches thick and the center spine of the L fin is approximately .320 inches thick.
Mike, I am so far gone from Force fin, your guess is a good as mind. Each fin was shaped by hand by me.

Mike, I am so far gone from Force fin, your guess is a good as mind. Each fin was shaped by hand by me.
That is sad, Bob. Last I heard Force Fins moved to PA, but on the website it shows a Santa Barbara address. Is it indelicate to ask what is happening?

How is Susanne?

That is sad, Bob. Last I heard Force Fins moved to PA, but on the website it shows a Santa Barbara address. Is it indelicate to ask what is happening?

How is Susanne?
Yes Mike,,kind of sad. Our cost of goods went up and up. Force fin is still worth every penny. Our Penn plant is unreal and just made 69 pairs for our Germany distributor Thomas, last week. We still have a office here in SB, but sold our big commerical building and helped 12 staff find new jobs. Who knows ? Working on a bigger issue clean drinking water. Susanne is doing well and helps FF customers each day along with my assistant Robert Flores. Thanks for all you do God Bless you Mike

View attachment 472757 View attachment 472758

Mike
Just did a little experiment for you (since you are such a great supporter of Bob/FF).
These fins are XXL Pros.. I put 4 lbs of weight on them and you can see the deflection.

Thank you!
Next time I swing by Knoxville, I'll give you a holler and we can jump in Loch Low Minn! :) There is a Russian fellar that owns it now. Seems like a good guy.
Blessings!
m

Back
Top Bottom