How to organize my kit for travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the advice everyone! Ended up with Tupperware for save a dive and other small knick knacks:

IMG_4610.jpeg

For everything else it seemed easier and more "packable" to Tetris it in loose.

IMG_4611.jpeg

Which brings me to my last question: masks. I'm bringing 2-3 masks with me (one older that I know fits but I don't love it. 2 new ones that I'm iffy about fit) and brining them in boxes is going to consume way too much space. Will it be ok to wrap masks in clothes/wetsuit? I don't want to mess with the silicone, but I can pack them immediately before heading to the airport, and unpack as soon as I get to my destination.

Reactions: JFS
Thanks for the advice everyone! Ended up with Tupperware for save a dive and other small knick knacks:

View attachment 777500

For everything else it seemed easier and more "packable" to Tetris it in loose.

View attachment 777501

Which brings me to my last question: masks. I'm bringing 2-3 masks with me (one older that I know fits but I don't love it. 2 new ones that I'm iffy about fit) and brining them in boxes is going to consume way too much space. Will it be ok to wrap masks in clothes/wetsuit? I don't want to mess with the silicone, but I can pack them immediately before heading to the airport, and unpack as soon as I get to my destination.
Your masks will be fine. The nice thing about silicone is its resistance to taking a set. The boxes are more of a throwback to the old rubber skirted masks. I shove mine in a fin pocket, they never go in a case. You can't forget your masks unless you forgot your fins as well.

I'm bringing 2-3 masks with me (one older that I know fits but I don't love it. 2 new ones that I'm iffy about fit)
I always carry one mask in my carry-on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom