How to organize my kit for travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mje113

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I'm about a month out from my first solo dive vacation and am so excited!

Before I get to my question I assure you this isn't a generic "how to pack my gear for travel" question. I've watched dozens of videos and read many forum posts so I have all that covered.

I'm doing some pre packing and had this question come up: what kinda bad/organizer should I use for all of my small bits of gear. Talking about loose GoPro mounting hardware, save a dive stuff, batteries, light accessories, bolt snaps, etc. I suppose I could just toss it all in a dry bag, but it's going to all come out and be loose when I get to my hotel. And I love to stay organized while traveling.

Anyone have any recommendations?

For the GoPro and parts, search Amazon for "carry case for GoPro". There are many options and on some you can customize the foam inside to fit your specific parts. It will keep the stuff protected and organized.

'Brother uses older mask case for vacation SAD kit.
1678385950560.png

I, too, use an old mask box, but I use it for an on-the-boat kit, such as mask defog, ear drops, hand sanitizer, lip balm, protein bar, etc.

Space and weight are a big factor in packing for a dive trip. I tend to repurpose existing travel pouches I have for the bits and bobbles of diving. For the smaller items of packing and accessories, I stay away from buying a particular case, bag, or pouch sold as a diving accessory when you can buy the same generic style item for a much cheaper price. I don't know where you're located, but in the U.S., your local dollar store has plastic containers with lids, if you want a hard container. A plain, freezer-style gallon or quart size Ziploc bag works great, too. It's clear and durable.

Not sure how much stuff you are talking about so that comes into play..... I use a small padded courier bag for all my camera / video accessories..... I think it was $12-$15. It goes in my smaller carry-on since it has LiOn batts. I also have a small watertight hard-case that goes into my mesh bag for boat dives....That's for a save-a-dive stuff, DIN adaptor, tip cash, tool-kit, etc. For size reference, that's a business card on top.

AicxVdt.jpg

rBd3UMD.jpg

b2aLyWK.jpg

zSBLQNK.jpg

Ziplock bags. Organized by function. Easy to see what’s inside. Lightweight. Cheap.

I use small cloth zipper bags to organize things. Then they are get thrown in a larger bag. They don't take up extra space and they don't add much extra weight.

Back
Top Bottom