How to pee every time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As with any other skill, I think this would best be practiced in a swimming pool before trying it in open water. There is a little known PADI PEEPEE course that is taught by top experts in the field . . . 1st graders.:mooner:

I like the drysuit suggestion, too. Sorry, I couldn't resist. I don't have a serious suggestion.

Best of luck.

What's really hard is drinking a glass of water when you are in an ocean of pee. You get in and suddenly you are crazy thirsty (immersion dehydratus?) but the idea of drinking water while surrounded by warm yellow is so awkward, many people cannot doit.

But oh now nice it is, once you get started!!

Seriously though, sometimes I find it hard to pee wherever. If I'm at a urinal and someone talks to me, it's like I get distracted and can't do everything at once. :) I can pee fine underwater, at the surface can be hard. In class, myself and the instructor where the only guys, the other two people in the class were girls: they both got out to pee. I couldn't pee in the water with them right next to me (tried but to not avail), so I ended up getting out and walked to the bathroom too. However, that time scuba was entirely new to me and I was practicing drills on girls wearing bikinis. Hard to focus on peeing :) I have no problem with peeing in a pool, in a shower, in the ocean....I don't really like peeing in water bottles very much but it beats the pants...

In Coz I noticed (in fact it was IMPOSSIBLE NOT TO NOTICE! :rofl3: ) that the DM's will pee off the back of the boat. This was with, or without woman on board, generally with! :eyebrow: I found this behavior odd as most people have no issue with waiting until getting in the water to let loose. You may want to ask the Captain if this is acceptable behavior, but then again if you can't piss in the water due to a mental issue, I'm not sure how you could then piss in the wind with a captive audience! :14:

Hydration is about staying hydrated full time. You should not have to drink a gallon of water to be hydrated the day of a dive if you are properly hydrated in general. I find maybe 20OZ on the way to the site, and another 20OZ between dives is adequate. Then you don't have to piss like a race horse during the dive.

I rarely GO in my wetsuit, and less so in my Drysuit! :shakehead

However I have done it...wet that is. Since I don't have your issue, and in fact can not imagine why water would create a mental Pee block, I am at a complete loss to suggest anything other than to relax and envision water, which should be easy if you are underwater.

I just told everyone I had to go check the props (as in propeller), and then walked into the water...(we were doing shore dives so it took everyone a moment to figure out there were no props, and they got the hint):rofl3:

That's a good one, and I used to experience it too. Sorry folks, to get graphic for the following -- how do you talk about something without just going ahead and talking about it?

I didn't pee in the water in earlier days because I just didn't want to mess up my suit. Fact is, when you have to go, you have to go. I used to have an agony holding it, then on shore rip my suit off, and desparately get to the head, beach, hedge, or whatever. Damn near killed myself if the suit hung up on my feet and/or I did get that suit off without someone tugging me around like a guy behind a horse in an old western until the feet came free... But I'm older now, and have found an exquisite suit shampoo...

Seriously, first time I gave up the fight and let it go in the water I was ab diving, probably 100yards from shore, nice calm sea, with my buddy Tom. Enough was enough. There was no going back. I started to pee, and I swear, I suddenly felt, full body, as if I was SERIOUSLY going to be punished. What a wierd reality. Suddenly, I was like two people. One was the guy, with a sudden relief and VERY warm suit. The other was about to really get it. I remember saying to Tom out loud, "you won't believe what a bizarre thing I'm going through in my brain right now, and I was busting out in laughter even though feeling doomed. Like, I was saying, yeah, my mom is going to run out and yell at me right now or something. So perhaps it was a flash on early bathroom conditioning. Hell with it, I learned, this urge and pressure happens out here and just has to be expected to happen. But it took about six dives before I finally acclimated. So heck, if it's about your suit, get a great shampoo at the dive store, and to to Target or somewhere and get a big 100 quart storage bin with lid (can keep extra gear in it when not diving too). Turn your suit inside out, get it in the bin and poke it under the suds to agitate with the blunt end of a broom stick. When done, use a good blasting nozzle and hose your suit over a patio chair to hold it open well to seriously blast rinse, and you are in business. There are enzyme solutions they sell also at dive shops and also pet stores to really get into the pores of the suit liner, but I haven't ever found that necessary.

If it is an 'inner' thing, and your suit isn't the issue, but simply relaxing is, then no kidding, get a little distance from your buddy, and out loud (quietly, you don't want anyone to think you are nuts) have a little conversation with yourself. Even call yourself by name a few times, and say it's ok. Just literally reassure yourself with some repetition. Ever help out a pet, or a little person when they needed help? So if it is psychological, there's little more effective than simple, direct sincere communication. Just 'get your arm around your shoulder', and talk to yourself...talk yourself through it. If you want to do tough love, discuss how it will look if you hold it beyond capacity... and hear the popping sound and see the chunks of meat and flying bones when you finally explode...

Matt

If your wetsuit or undergarments are too tight, it makes it really hard to pee. Get rid of the tighty whiteys and upgrade to a superstretch wetsuit that is not leaving seam marks on your skin post dive.

Hope that helps

Practice in the shower.:D

pee off the back of the boat to the port side before the boat gets under way.

your wee wee cannot be so big that u cannot be a bit conspicuos about it:wink:

Some people have it really hard to pee unless it feels ‘right’. Like I am horrified that I’d have to pee in a bed pan in hospital (lying down, with people around, clothing on – no way, I can’t perform! My bladder just locks up).

If your bladder is so stubborn to it’s usual ways try to teach it. I assume you are guy. Maybe you pee vertical, so get vertical in water too. Maybe you are not used to peeing clothes on? Practice. Go swimming and first try to pee with your swimtrunks on. It’s harder with wetsuit, so let your speedos be the learning wheels.

Definitely don’t go too deep. Also, one mental issue can be the fear of the smell, so instead of doing it in the end of the dive, do it in the beginning (of the 2nd dive for example), so you have plenty of time to flush the urine out of the suit.

Do it alone first when you practice, so you do not have the time pressure and social pressures of others watching. (This means alone non-diving of course). It’s usually head issue like many say, you’d know if you suffered from urinary retention all your life.

I finally joined the club. They say there aren’t people who don’t pee their suits. Well, I was one until now. I did not want to pee my 7mm but I finally did it in my 3mm because I just had to keep on drinking in that blazing sun, and there was nowhere to hide and I was not going to lose diving time driving back and forth to the hotel!!! And I could not take the suit off because I was going to burn. Talk about motivation! I finally did it. Do I get the C-card in mail or what???

Don't tell my mommy :D

Back
Top Bottom