How to post HD vids on Net?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjh

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, so took the HC7 out yesterday got some decent video of cabazons protecting their eggs. Edited in Pinnacle but now how do I post them to the web?

Some seem to like Stage6 are there other options?

Also Sony Vegas folks; I downloaded the trial version, played with it and liked it. BUT when I made a Movie File it had “skips” when it played. Is this something I am doing or some security feature on the trial version?

All advice on editing and uploading to web (programs/sites) welcome.

Did you dump the Vegas timeline back to the HC-7 camcorder and view it on tape? I've found the HC-7 burps and skips an intolerable amount, but had hoped I just had a lemon. It even does it occasionally when I'm filming topside... go figure.

Most of the archival tapes I create of my edited footage are so full of pauses, jumps, burps and skips that they are unusable. I archive the M2T and down converted standard def files on DVD's for that reason. This happened when I output them from the laptop's 5400 rpm hard drive OR the 7200 rpm external drive.

Anyone else out there notice these problems with the HC-7?

Bill, It's all about computer speed and memory.
When I transfer video, I use the high speed data port, fire wire or s400 port. Never the USB. You hard drive, if it is a remote, sould be connected via the high speed port, not the USB.

Video requires high speed everything.

Never had these problems with any of my other camcorders, Dave. Almost all my video data drives are USB (v 2.0) and I don't have these problems with any camcorder other than the HC-7. After all, I've been editing underwater video for eight years now.

The fact the HC-7 also skips and "pauses" occasionally when I'm filming topside footage suggests an inherent problem with the camcorder itself, whether it be the model or my individual one. No computer involved in those cases.

Never had these problems with any of my other camcorders, Dave. Almost all my video data drives are USB (v 2.0) and I don't have these problems with any camcorder other than the HC-7. After all, I've been editing underwater video for eight years now.

The fact the HC-7 also skips and "pauses" occasionally when I'm filming topside footage suggests an inherent problem with the camcorder itself, whether it be the model or my individual one. No computer involved in those cases.

Sorry Bill, If your camera skips, pauses, farts or pauses topside - take it back, it should never do that.

Ok, so took the HC7 out yesterday got some decent video of cabazons protecting their eggs. Edited in Pinnacle but now how do I post them to the web?

Some seem to like Stage6 are there other options?

Also Sony Vegas folks; I downloaded the trial version, played with it and liked it. BUT when I made a Movie File it had “skips” when it played. Is this something I am doing or some security feature on the trial version?

All advice on editing and uploading to web (programs/sites) welcome.

There are several places to post HD video. I use Stage6 and Vimeo. I prefer Stage6 most of the time, but Vimeo allows me to upload files without a re-encode as long as they are under 500mb (per week).

As for your renderings of files skipping, that's not Vegas. That's your computer. What template did you use to render, and what is the speed of your computer and hard drive?

As we speak I am rendering a file to upload to both Stage6 and Vimeo. Should be up in an hour or two.

Shouldn't be as it's just a limited version of the real program. I think you can even upgrade the trial to the full version online w/o having to remove the trial first.

Does your computer meet the minimum system requirements for HDV capture/editing with Vegas?

System Requirements
Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2 or Windows Vista™
1 GHz processor (2.8 GHz recommended for HDV)
200 MB hard-disk space for program installation
600 MB hard-disk space for optional Sony Sound Series Loops & Samples reference library
1 GB RAM
OHCI-compatible i.LINK® connector1/IEEE-1394DV card
(for DV and HDV capture and print-to-tape)
Windows-compatible sound card
DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)
Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning only)
Supported DVD-recordable drive (for DVD burning only)
Supported Blu-ray recordable drive (for Blu-ray burning only)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
QuickTime 7.1.6 or later

drbill,

my .02

Most of the archival tapes I create of my edited footage are so full of pauses, jumps, burps and skips that they are unusable.
This sounds like your PC is underpowered, either processor speed, memory or drive speed. Don't you use Premiere? Adobe recommends Firewire(IEEE1394) capture only.

A problem with using USB 2.0 for video capture is that another USB device can poll the system at anytime and degrade/interrupt your capture stream. As will using any other active USB device during capture. Shut off all the ones you don't need.

This sounds like more ammunition for the "Sony Letter". :( It shouldn't do that...

First of all I AM A COMPUTER IDIOT. Half of what you guys talk about makes no sense to me. I re-did the Sony Vegas and when went to "Make Movie" choose: Windows Media Video V9; 6.4 Mbps HD 1080-24p Video and saved it to my hard drive. This time Windows Media player played it no problem.

Now if I was going to load it to Stage6 how would I "save" the file?

drbill: I just did a quick tour of Vegas cobbled a clip together added a MP3 of music and then "Make Movie". I have never tried saving back to the camcorder.

I have a LaCie 250GB external that I have been storing photos to. But it is almost full so time to buy another, any suggestions there, requirements for HD Video storage?

Here are the stats (that I could find) on my current computer:

HP Pavilion
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
Processor: Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6700 @2.66 GHz 2.67GHz
Memory (RAM): 3582MB
System Type: 32-bit Operating System
Drive: 500GB
NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
DVD/CD Driver: ATAPI DVD A DH16A1L
Storage Controller: Intel ICH8R/ICH9R SATA RAID & Microsoft iSCSI Initiator

I can't find: "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0" but that does not mean it is not there.

You've got enough horsepower to run Vegas so that wasn't your problem.

You can download the .Net framework for free from Microsoft. It should've been an option in Windows Update at some point. I don't know if you really need it but Sony may use some part of it in their processing.

Go to Stage6.divx.com. There's a link to Download the Divx Player/Converter. Pay the $20 for the full version. Not sure how/if it integrates into Pinnacle but you can also use it standalone. Run the converter and drag/drop your files onto it. (If it were only that easy - you may have to play around with it a little bit first)

I've gotta run so can't be more specific now. ronscuba does it with Vegas so might PM him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom