How to remove hose from Second stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've got a scubapro MK25/S600 reg on the way and want to know how to remove the OEM hose from the second stage (s600) without breaking anything. I've seen a few different ways, but want to know what to do without "messing around" with it.

I'm replacing with a 7 ft hose.

AaronBBrown once bubbled...
I've got a scubapro MK25/S600 reg on the way and want to know how to remove the OEM hose from the second stage (s600) without breaking anything. I've seen a few different ways, but want to know what to do without "messing around" with it.

I'm replacing with a 7 ft hose.

Two ways to do it.Go buy the proper tool
or
Put a rag around the splined area and take a pair of pliers and unscrew it.The fitting is not very tight and should take little pressure to loosen it.So just remember righty tighty, lefty loosie :D

When you assemble your setup, the second stages are attached hand tight to the hose, don't use a wrench there. Apply a wrench to the first stage fittings, but just a little pressure!! Enough so the hose won't come loose if you try twisting it with your hands. The O ring is what seals, not excessive force.

It will take two devices. One to hold the splined jam nut against the case and another to loosen the splined nut on the end of the hose. They will seperate in the middle. Be careful not to loosen (or tighten) the connection between the inner splined jam nut and the case of the S600

JeffAustin once bubbled...
When you assemble your setup, the second stages are attached hand tight to the hose, don't use a wrench there.

When you leave your regs hand tight, you have to be sure to check them before every dive. The regs get loose when you charge the system and you'll blow the o-ring in the hose.

If you have no need to replace a second stage underwater [.e.g. you and your buddy won't be able to get a spare reg off a deco bottle or an isolated tank], you have no need to leave the regs hand tight.

AaronBBrown once bubbled...
I've seen a few different ways, but want to know what to do without "messing around" with it.

If your going to be out in framingham tonight, feel free to bring it [with a rag, and a couple wrenches that fit the nuts] and I'll go through it with you. But it's pretty simple.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom