How to tie loop on canister light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WhiteSands

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know of a link that teaches the correct way to tie the loop on the canister light?

This is the one you use for temp clip off using a double ender. Thanks.

WS:

I can't speak for others. However, I made a loop with 1/8 bungee cord. I attached the bungee loop to the chord using a double constrictor knot, which the spearos use to tie wishbones to their speargun bands. Knock on wood, I haven't had an problems. I just used regular line from my spool, which I use for my bolt snap. You could use Dyneema, if you really wanted to get fancy, I guess.

O.

Does anyone know of a link that teaches the correct way to tie the loop on the canister light?

Tie a tank neck O-ring to the gland or someplace on the backend that has a groove. This won't work on all lights and you have to tie an Oring or loop of bungie onto the cord as close to the head as possible if there's no groove in the gland. Line doesn't stay open/ its too floppy.

A piece of bungee with figure 8 knots in the end. Form into a loop and attach to the cord with a small zip-tie, just below the strain relief. Easy, secure and easy to cut off if poo happens

I just tied a boltsnap to the goodman handle, in much the same way one is tied to the longhose...

What rjack said.

I just tied a boltsnap to the goodman handle, in much the same way one is tied to the longhose...
We put a loop at the back of the lighthead so you can clip it off with a double ender and he light points down.

illuminates what you're working on (line, stage/deco switch, survey, other stuff) and it doesn't blind your buddy.

We put a loop at the back of the lighthead so you can clip it off with a double ender and he light points down.

illuminates what you're working on (line, stage/deco switch, survey, other stuff) and it doesn't blind your buddy.

Mine points down too. Not sure why anybody would tie on a snapbolt in a way that would make it hang any other way...

Mine points down too. Not sure why anybody would tie on a snapbolt in a way that would make it hang any other way...

If you have an HID light with a ballast on the back of the head it won't hang pointing down if the snap is on the goodman. Most of us use a permanently attached snap on the goodman and a loop of bungie or an oring tied in the back end (used with a double ender) so the light points at the floor when clipped off. Some of the newer LED lights balance differently and may have different suitable attachment points. The traditional HID light with clunky back end ballast won't point down any other way and will disco ball everyone if clipped off by the goodman while turned on.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom