How to turn off Pro Plus 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Behnam22

New
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to diving & dive equipment.
Just got my new dive gear in today and I'm trying to find out if pro plus 2 can be turned off?
Thank you,
BB

It turns off by itself. You cant turn it off on your own. I think if it is dry, it has a two hour timer. if it is wet from a dive, it has the 24 hour fly timer.

I have the pp2 and love it. big numbers which is easy to read (most important when I have forgotten my contact lenses and still wanted to dive). Its been 1 year, almost 150 dives and over 100 hours underwater and the battery is still claiming full juice.

You can take the battery out, but you will lose your log! I am thinking about removing it when I fly as TSA always turns it on which gives you a false reading because of the flying pressure! But if they do you just pop the battery anyway!

.........Just got my new dive gear in today and I'm trying to find out if pro plus 2 can be turned off? .......

The Pro Plus 2 turns OFF automatically 2 hours after a dive.
There is also a RESET procedure that clears all the data and then turns the unit OFF (pg 99 manual) .... but you don't want to use it :no:

IF you want to learn more about the Pro Plus 2 you can take the Pro Plus 2 Specialty Class.
See video:

Alberto (aka eDiver)

You can take the battery out, but you will lose your log! I am thinking about removing it when I fly as TSA always turns it on which gives you a false reading because of the flying pressure! But if they do you just pop the battery anyway!

I have not experienced this while flying with my pp2. Hower I keep my computer in my carryon instead of checked baggage so as not to get lost with the rest of my luggage when traveling.

I guess somebody did not read their manual because the answer is in the first 22 pages of the manual.

I guess somebody did not read their manual because the answer is in the first 22 pages of the manual.

Play nice now! They guy is new and made the same mistake several others have in thinking they did not need to read the manual to turn a computer on/off.:D

NCadiver does have a point, there are several issues you need to understand on your computer besides the blindingly obvious ones and a complete read of the manual is needed. For myself, I needed to research....
- How does it compensate for altitude
- How does is compensate for fresh water vs salt water
- How do you know when the battery needs to be replaced
- What do the deco instructions look like (if you have an oops and exceed NDL)

For example, on my oceanic (not PP2), when the battery indicator bar is 2/3, this does not mean I have 2/3 of a battery left, rather it means the battery is almost gone. The manual states this, but intuitively I would assume differently.

GrumpyOldGuy I know I should but to many people don't read the manual and ask this same question. If they don't understand this basic function they most likely have no idea what information the computer is giving them. What about when he does his first dive that will be funny when it does not shut down for 24hrs. One last thing if he purchased the gear from his local dive center they could have given him the basic of the computer.

Check out page 94 of the owners manual.

.....I know I should but to many people don't read the manual and ask this same question. ....
That is a fact and one of the reason why we are creating online classes for specific dive computers with lot of videos that show how specific computers work - on the surface and underwater.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

My Pro Plus 2 wont turn off at all, even past the 2hr surface cut off, and the 24hr after dive shut down. Ran the battery dead after a salt water dive. Cleaned the contacts multiple times, but no luck. Has anyone experienced this? I'm assuming a service call is going to be needed, but wanted to check here before taking that step.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom