how to use a g11 underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dave2063

Registered
Reaction score
hi I have a g11 and thge canon housing only cost $200 but when i want to use it on av priority i cannot adjust the aperture in the housing as there is no wheel to scroll round. conversely when i have it set to shutter priority also i have the same problem, the more expensive housings have the scroll wheel but not the cheap canon housing. anyone know how to get around this? your help appreciated

tuna

It's the same for the G10 and G11 and it's also on my WEBSITE

And the G9 and the G7.
The instructions for this apparently comes with the manual for the housing, not the camera.
Once you know the trick it's easy.
Hold down the shortcut/print button on the top left of the rear of the camera and then press the left or right buttons to adjust aperture and exposure or anything that requires you to scroll.
If you have the button set for a function though (like WB) that needs to be undone first.

Last edited:
hi I have a g11 and thge canon housing only cost $200 but when i want to use it on av priority i cannot adjust the aperture in the housing as there is no wheel to scroll round. conversely when i have it set to shutter priority also i have the same problem, the more expensive housings have the scroll wheel but not the cheap canon housing. anyone know how to get around this? your help appreciated

tuna

Seriously, the better function, durability, versatility, reliability of the "more expensive" housings are among the reasons people are willing to pay the additional dollars to own them. They are worth the additional price to deliver the full promise of performance from your excellent G11 camera.

N

Didn't come with my G10 housing :D
Now that is just weird. Why would they remove that important information from the manual.
Here it is in the WP-DC21 (for G9) manual under the heading of "Using the Control Dial"
housing_control_dial.jpg

Now that is just weird. Why would they remove that important information from the manual.
Here it is in the WP-DC21 (for G9) manual under the heading of "Using the Control Dial"

Maybe cuz I bought mine in the Philippines? :wink:

cheers guys and gals, i have found the manual to be quite confusing. once i read your post here it was dead easy. i bought the housing as i figured the money saved would enable me to buy another camera in the event of flooding. as opposed to a more expensive housing, i also wanted to use the same camera as my guests for my job. then i can really help them also.

once again thanks

Seriously, the better function, durability, versatility, reliability of the "more expensive" housings are among the reasons people are willing to pay the additional dollars to own them. They are worth the additional price to deliver the full promise of performance from your excellent G11 camera.

N

I do not believe that there is a better camera/housing combination than a G series Canon OEM, from the price for performance aspect. I have used my G9 down to 110 feet in Honduras and it worked just fine. No flooding issues at all.

If you factor in the rate that new models are introduced, it just makes sense to me to get a lower priced housing. No matter if it does not enable all of the functions the camera offers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom