How to use the Quik App question by a novice.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jomcclain

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Total novice question. How do I download videos from Quik App onto my phone? I hit the download button and it says that the video is downloaded, but then it does not appear on my phone's videos.

Check the media library in Quik, I don't think it downloads directly to your phone's built in library.

Check the media library in Quik, I don't think it downloads directly to your phone's built in library.
I see it there, but what I ultimately want is to be able to use Dive+. My understanding is that I have to first download a video to my phone, that I cannot move it directly from Quik to Dive+. Is that correct?

I see it there, but what I ultimately want is to be able to use Dive+. My understanding is that I have to first download a video to my phone, that I cannot move it directly from Quik to Dive+. Is that correct?

You probably have to export from Quik's media library to your gallery/Camera roll.

I only use Quik to update my cameras and change settings.

You probably have to export from Quik's media library to your gallery/Camera roll.
To export videos from Quik (at least on Android)
  1. Select the video(s) that you want to export by long pressing them in the media tab in Quik.
  2. Tap the forward arrow in the upper right corner of the screen.
  3. Tap "Save to phone"
The video files will be saved under DCIM/GoPro-Exports.

It's annoying to download and then export to your phone. Even more annoying if you have memory constrictions, as you essentially download it twice.

Back
Top Bottom