How to Video's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cam Buckle - add how to properly adjust it

Inflator - Craftsman tools? Small part on a stool near a pool, someone may have to go diving.

Mount Wing Video - Manicure?:D

Others - Good!

Tobin, They are good videos, it will be a good service to many divers.

Very nice. Very clear. Nice and easy for even this slow computer I'm on to stream. The only thing, I wish the long disclaimer about how we're all going to kill ourselves was at the end. :eyebrow:

Cam Buckle - add how to properly adjust it

Do you find divers that cannot adjust a properly laced buckle? I've never been asked that. I am frequently asked how to lace one.

Inflator - Craftsman tools? Small part on a stool near a pool, someone may have to go diving.

The light was better there.

Mount Wing Video - Manicure?:D

I work for a living:wink:

Others - Good!

Tobin, They are good videos, it will be a good service to many divers.

I hope so. We are picking the "low hanging fruit" first. These are some of the subjects about which we get a lot of questions.

Tobin

Nice stuff. On the inflator one, you might want to give a quick shot of putting lube on the o-rings. But the video was clean, audio clear, etc. I wish more manufacturers would do this.

-P

Do you find divers that cannot adjust a properly laced buckle? I've never been asked that. I am frequently asked how to lace one.

I've seen many people where their tank slips, maybe a few more need to know how to know if the cam buckle is tight enough. IMHO

Maybe I'm never asked that because it's so easy to secure a tank with DSS wedge blocks on the bands.:wink:

Tobin

One last thought, if they don't know how to lace it, they sure as heck don't know how to tighten it.

PS: Love the wedge blocks!

Tobin,

How often should you service your inflator? Also, if I'm not comfortable, and there is not a dealer here on island, can any good service tech service it for me?

The video was clear but I'm still nervous about doing it myself.

Tobin,

How often should you service your inflator? Also, if I'm not comfortable, and there is not a dealer here on island, can any good service tech service it for me?

The video was clear but I'm still nervous about doing it myself.

As with all service interval questions there is no one answer. Clear you want to do it before it sticks open :11:

If you rinse your gear well, and push a little fresh water through the QD nipple using one of these https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?product=1301

You won't need to service your inflator as often as other might need to.

I tear mine down 2-3 times a year if they are getting wet regularly. It's really pretty quick and simple if all you are doing is pulling the cartridge valve out and checking for corrosion and free action.

I change the oral inflate oring maybe once a year.

Any reg tech should be able to do this. If he can't he should give away his tools, change his name and more to a new locale and start life over.:wink:

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom