How to Ward off Shark Attack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
what are the odds of a SHARK being exactly below Batman when he's lowered into the water?!

Actually, pretty good. Sharks do eat Bats. Most people don't know that.

The Land Crabs eat Bat eggs.

Stuff that makes you go, "huh".

Can we get back to dehydrating the UN?

H2Andy:
what are the odds of a SHARK being exactly below Batman when he's lowered into the water?

i just can't believe that premise ... other than that, pretty sweet stuff!

Come on Andy, everyone knows sharks are attracted to men wearing tights and a cape. I mean, who isn't! I think PADI has a specialty course on it....maybe several. Heck, I saw a documentary where a Great White, seeking revenge, jumped out of the water and grabbed a helicopter. Do you think that was fake, too?! Robin is bat-lucky to be alive.:D

:rofl3:

RAD Diver:
The worst part was the repellant tray held spray for Barracudas, Whales, & Mantas along with Sharks.
Who would want to repel a Manta? I travel far distances & at great cost at the chance to get close to 1.
Come to think of it I wouldnt repel any of the 4.
You never heard of the attack manatees in blue springs state park? Apparently they attack people swimming there. They crush you against the side of the run, or between two adults and then continue to gobble you up. There are even warning signs: Beware the attack Manatee.

Many swimmers disappeared in the 70's when this was not known, then one manatee dies and they did an autopsy. What was found was startling: car license plates, coconuts, garbage bags and a human skull. After study, they found out that manatees change behavior after 7 years and become more aggressive, with the big bulls being the most dangerous. There are even stories of manatees hunting down snorkelers in packs, but I think that this is too far fetched.

Meng_Tze:
You never heard of the attack manatees in blue springs state park? Apparently they attack people swimming there. They crush you against the side of the run, or between two adults and then continue to gobble you up. There are even warning signs: Beware the attack Manatee.

Many swimmers disappeared in the 70's when this was not known, then one manatee dies and they did an autopsy. What was found was startling: car license plates, coconuts, garbage bags and a human skull. After study, they found out that manatees change behavior after 7 years and become more aggressive, with the big bulls being the most dangerous. There are even stories of manatees hunting down snorkelers in packs, but I think that this is too far fetched.

Buzz-kill....:(

What sucks about that vid is he is hitting the shark and there was no "BAM", "POW" etc. :confused:

Peter_C:
What sucks about that vid is he is hitting the shark and there was no "BAM", "POW" etc. :confused:

No doubt about it, that is the only thing that could make this funnier...I am still shaking my head.

Because I dive, this is especially funny. Before it just would have been another far-out Batman scene. Not sure the producers could ever know how much pleasure it would give us all so many years later.

I didn't know Oceanic made barracuda, whale, manta and shark repellent....

Attachments

• bat.jpg
    bat.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 40
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom