How To Wear Weightbelt with Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I usually do my harness waist strip over/above (ie closer to my head) than the weight belt.
My single weight belt is thick as it uses bean bag pouches so very bulky. Basically the sides of my harness are above it while the buckle and front area are directly underneath each other.

Its not the most comfortable in the world but thats the fault of my bean bag pouch belt with 12kg (26lbs) of lead.

All that weight on your weight belt might make staying horizontal in the water more difficult than it needs to be. Experiment with moving weight around. You might try taking some of the weight off your weight belt and putting it into weight pockets on your cam bands. You could also use one of these:

OxyCheqSausageWeightPocket.jpg

A V-weight will work, too.

Me? All that weight is fine on a belt. No problems with trim. The last thing i want is even heavier kit to have to carry around.

I use the DUI weight and trim II with my DR deluxe harness, works for me. YMMV.

I use this weight harness too and it works great! You can dump your weights with the pull of a handle and they don't get caught in the crotch strap.

Me? All that weight is fine on a belt. No problems with trim. The last thing i want is even heavier kit to have to carry around.
Not you, String. I was referring to the OP.

Fair enough. Couldnt tell.

How about the weight pockets that are available from all the people like DR, OMS etc. Has anyone routinely used those and found them preferable to the weight belt ?

I've been using a couple of the XS Scuba pockets on my waist belt. They sit out of the way and I could easily drop the weights should I ever need to.

Thanks for the info rongoodman, will check them out. How much weight do you use the pockets for ? I am thinking that I need to make some adjustments in my gear and will probably need arount 14-15 #.

Interesting thread, as I have recently gotten a new dry suit with a 650gm undergarments (my old drysuit had undergarments of about 200grams). With my old drysuit, I did not need any extra weight with my configuration (AL BP & double LP 85's). With this new drysuit & undies, I have found that I need about 8lbs more than before. I do have a DUI weight harness & I will try that for a while to see how it works. My instructor has also suggested going to a SS BP or using the channel weights if the harness doesn't work. I guess we'll see what happens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom