How was DEMA 2009 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was at DEMA this year and like a lot of you who have already commented you are correct it was poorly attended. Having said that, we were able to meet many satisfied customers for the first time and had time for quality presentation of our new products. This was good.

f0.sized.jpg

The first installment about some of the exhibitors at the DEMA Show 2009 has gone up at:

Photos - DEMA Dive Show Overview - FKA Kiteboarding Forums

It includes photos, some links, background and videos related to products and services.

There may be a few of these installments although far from all the exhibitors were checked out. Wasn't enough time!

d1.thumb.jpg
0_sun_IMG_4595.thumb.jpg
dugong_IMG_5510.thumb.jpg
group_IMG_1969.thumb.jpg

slate_P8040284.thumb.jpg
b1.thumb.jpg
Fish_Mob_s.thumb.jpg
Bret_measures.thumb.jpg

ray.thumb.jpg
hda_1.thumb.jpg
Slate_and_Hunter_3_s.thumb.jpg
Martin_s.thumb.jpg

Now that the dust settled, I can honestly tell you that DEMA was very good for the Zeagle/Pinnacle brands.

We have lots of new dealer applications and product is shipping.

DEMA may not be as crowded as it once was, but it cetainly isn't dead.

Just my 2 cents.

It seems to me that many of the manufacturers with whom I have spoke seem to think that the smaller turnout actually resulted in better business for them. That is actually very good.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

It seems to me that many of the manufacturers with whom I have spoke seem to think that the smaller turnout actually resulted in better business for them. That is actually very good.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

Hate to be the party pooper, but....

The people I've spoken with that I trust to be completely honest in their assessment tell me a very different story.

They described the show as "very slow" and they wrote very little to no business at DEMA.

Tobin

The people I've spoken with that I trust to be completely honest in their assessment tell me a very different story.

They described the show as "very slow" and they wrote very little to no business at DEMA.

Tobin

some smaller folks like EDGE it worked out quite well, however I am pretty sure in the aggregate it was a disaster.

I am led to believe that it was not very good for the "major" manufacturers. However, several of the smaller "third-tier" manufacturers and accessory suppliers were quite happy with what happened at the show.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

Tobin

I am led to believe that it was not very good for the "major" manufacturers. However, several of the smaller "third-tier" manufacturers and accessory suppliers were quite happy with what happened at the show.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

Funny.

That's exactly the group I have the most contact with. Most are providing "Happy Talk" about how great DEMA was for them, i.e.

"It was slow, but it was a good kinda slow, I had a chance to speak at length with everybody"

Privately they tell me they sold almost nothing.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom