How would you attach this to the Transpac?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emanyueru

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey everyone,

Just got my hands on a liftbag sleeve from Diverite and looking at options to connect it to the bottom of my Transpac. I tried quicklinks as per an old recommendation but the grommet holes are too far up the plate for it to work. What’s your take? Bungy?

See attached image for details:
1743195A-AF84-425A-9A89-77D1E9E372D9.jpeg

31A5525C-DC03-4B6F-B0FB-758DD9F829E2.jpeg
My transpac has little d rings sewn along the sides, I just put the quick links through them. This view is from the back of the harness, with the bottom of the red wing lifted up so you can see.

Hey everyone,

Just got my hands on a liftbag sleeve from Diverite and looking at options to connect it to the bottom of my Transpac. I tried quicklinks as per an old recommendation but the grommet holes are too far up the plate for it to work. What’s your take? Bungy?

See attached image for details:
View attachment 483397
Are you sure you can't get the links on the pac grommets? Perhaps take the links off the sleeve and get them on the pac first. Then add the sleeve. That or buy longer links.If no other options work, you can try these... DGX Assembly Screws, Metal, Set of TWO

Thanks guys. Might try the assembly screws if they’re long enough—the guys at DGX recommended bungy in the meantime but was curious to see what other solutions were out there. Unfortunately no small d rings on the bottom either on this newer model.

I would stick with bungie or good cave line.

Using a metal attachment method means that if something bad happened and it gets caught somehow (admittedly small chance of it) you don't have an easy way to cut free the metal attachment in metal grommets and will be stuck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom