Howards Beach - Tarpon Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boats

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've heard mixed things about the causway being open to the beach area on the island. Does anyone know if the diving is now available there?

A friend of mine in Tarpon, says she can see cranes out there still. I'm not sure if this means the bridge is still closed, or they just havn't moved them out of the park.

I'd love to sneak a dive in there before the water gets into the 60's.

Thanks everyone!

Tell you what if no one responds with a sound answer I will try and drive by there tomarro.

Thanks Echoo, that would be great if yer in the area!

I did not make it over there today. Friends car broke down and I was working on it all day. Very sorry bout that.

Fred Howard Park

UPDATE: Fred Howard Park causeway and beach reopening: The construction of the two bridges and the roadway approach is expected to be completed by Dec. 8. The date for the opening of the causeway and beach will be announced. The 50-plus acre mainland park remains open and visitors can enjoy a butterfly garden, kayak and canoe waterway trails, a ball field, two playgrounds, more than 90 picnic tables and nine shelters with grills and tables. Shelter reservations will continue to be honored 365 days a year by calling (727) 582-2100 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or visit

Sean

Boo-ya!

Thanks Sean!

Are you getting any sleep now?

Boats, when we divin'?

Hey I DIVE!

I'm frosty for anything! I'll shoot you a PM on Thursday. I find out the days I go to DEMA tomarrow, so I can hammer out the details with you! It will be great to dive with you again! Fer sure!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom