Howdy from Kansas City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snowcat

Reaction score
Howdy, I'm a noobie to scubaboard. Am an AOW, Rescue, Ice Diver, etc. with only about 50 dives (almost all cold water wet suit/dry suit). Dove in various places around Alaska and am living in the Kansas City area. Would love to find out about local diving activities and sources of dive information in the Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas areas.

snowcat:
Howdy, I'm a noobie to scubaboard. Am an AOW, Rescue, Ice Diver, etc. with only about 50 dives (almost all cold water wet suit/dry suit). Dove in various places around Alaska and am living in the Kansas City area. Would love to find out about local diving activities and sources of dive information in the Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas areas.

Hi and welcome to the board. I live in the St Louis area. There is a quarry in Rolla to dive in. Also, there is Table Rock Lake in Branson and Mermet Sprints in IL. Actually, I'm doing my first diving in Mermet next weekend, getting my Deep Diver and Multi-level diver, along with some drills on other things my instructor is happy to help me with.

I'm working toward becoming a tech/wreck/cave diver.

So, welcome and if you want to try and meet in the middle someplace, drop me a line. I love to blow bubbles. :wink:

Brian

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

:D

Welcome to the Board - it is a great "hang-out". I've only dove Beaver and Table Rock but have Oronogo on my list for this summer. It is about 5 minutes north of Joplin. I prefer Beaver over Table Rock, not as many trees in Beaver. Eureka Springs is a great place to do your SI in also. I hear that Quail Run near Rolla is good diving for the area.

What shop are you using? I'm about 50 mi south of the City. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Becky

Thanks for the welcome.

Oronogo (Captain John's Blue Water Lake) has been my primary dive site so far, although I've dove Table Rock some. Oronogo is great diving since there are many different types of diving you can do in it (wreck, deep, cave, tech). The vis has probably averaged about 15-20 ft for me, although I am told it can range from 10 - 60 ft. The best I've seen it is about 40ft, which is pretty darn good for fresh water. The water stays cold below the first thermocline since it is spring fed. The temp is about 40 to 55 depending on depth and time of year.

Beaver Lake is definitely on my list for this summer. Which shore dives do you recommend?

"The KC Dive Shop" near I-35 and 75th street is my favorite. The owner, John (I forget his last name), is real easy to deal with on equipment sales and will give prices competitive with online. He seems to know his stuff. "Diver's Equipment and Repair" near the triangle on the Missouri side has also been good.

nauifins73:
Welcome to the Board - it is a great "hang-out". I've only dove Beaver and Table Rock but have Oronogo on my list for this summer. It is about 5 minutes north of Joplin. I prefer Beaver over Table Rock, not as many trees in Beaver. Eureka Springs is a great place to do your SI in also. I hear that Quail Run near Rolla is good diving for the area.

What shop are you using? I'm about 50 mi south of the City. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Becky

Back
Top Bottom