Howdy From Texas!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaOtter

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello to everyone on the board.
After a two year absence from diving, I am eager to pick up where I left off. What does BC stand for again? J/J
I currently have my Open Water along with my night dive and am signing up for Advanced Open Water here in the future. Being somewhat of a novice :baby: I look forward to learning from everyones past experiences here on the board and getting the chance to have fun with these Smilies.

Cindy
:brushteet

Welcome to the boards. :wave:

A year or two absence from diving?
Wow! I can't imagine myself doing that.

Glad to hear your coming back to it.

This is a great place to learn and have fun!

See you 'round the boards!

SeaOtter,

Welcome to the board from a fellow Texan. You might want to check out the Texas Swamp Divers section on this board. Lot's of good info there.

This board is very friendly and has very good folks who will be a lot of help.

You have a great place to dive there at Aquarena Springs. Check it out.

DSAO,
Larry

welcome to the board. Boy a whole lot of Texans in here, Could be a take over.:confused:

Welcome from another Texan.

A chunk of the Texas clan is diving in PK this weekend. I couln't go. We have several trips planned to Travis in Austin this year. The first one being memorial day weekend. There is a good group of people up there, so try to hook up with them.

Glad to meet ya and I hope you can dive with us soon.

Tom

Where/what is PK?
I dove Travis two summers ago when it was 30ft below normal.
Might meet you guys there Memorial wknd. Thanks for the invite.

Cindy

PK is short for Possum Kingdom. It is a lake on the Brazos river about an hour West of Ft Worth.

Travis is much closer to normal pool levels now. You also have Canyon close by.

Tom

Welcome from Austin.

I dive Aquarena all the time - it takes a qualification class and the intentions to volunteer at least some of your divetime to helping out - but it's the best water in TX!! -
- If that sounds attractive, let me know & I'll steer you towards their website & the right people!

Just did a class dive yesterday in Travis - brrrrrr - 57 degrees and all of 9 feet vis. - I'm going to wait it out for another 5 degrees before I try again.

Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom