How's Lake Travis--Ya'll getting any rain?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't wait to DIVE Travis!

The shark at Windy Point Private is now completely under water. Dropped down to the deep platform. No change in the normal crappy vis.

Concerning visibility My prediction is that we are on week 2 or 3 of the lake turning and it should clear up shortly.

However, if it keeps raining and we have a big run off into the lake, all bets are off on my prediction for better viz starting the 2nd week In November through the winter months.

:popcorn:

Vis was good over the Shaker Plant Sunday morning. Don't know about today. It's been raining cats and dogs in Austin last night and today. Not sure how much is getting into the lake, but the level is expected to hit 643 by the end of the week.

Robert...any idea where you will be going on Wens evening?

IanR33, Kvalve, TLessard, and Zinc put down 500-600' of line yesterday at Shaker Plant so I would recommend that for the dive. They begin at the mooring line and go to two different sections. Mooring line is at 30' and the lines go to 70'. This is my suggestion.

Lake level - 643.09, up one foot since Oct. 24 posting.

Last edited:
I dove Windy Point (Barstow's) on Saturday afternoon with a group of Scouts. The tip of the shark's fin was just under the water; the water was still a little too shallow to do a giant stride off of platform 3.

Sounds good to me, Robert.

Are the lines all going out to specific areas? Tagged, etc?

Thanks to Zinc, KValve, TLessard, IanR & Capt. Robert for the work!

David

I dove Windy Point (Barstow's) on Saturday afternoon with a group of Scouts. The tip of the shark's fin was just under the water; the water was still a little too shallow to do a giant stride off of platform 3.

I think I saw you. I was the female wearing the doubles at the table next to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom