HP tank fills in Nashville TN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

np251

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi

Possibility of moving from SF Bay area in California to Nashville, TN and was wondering if getting high pressure tanks fills is do-able. We have a number of HP100 tanks, 3442 and 3500 psi service pressures, and hope to be able to get max fills in them. Otherwise, we might look to sell and pick up some LP tanks instead.

What about in NC or Florida, since they are close enough for long weekend trips? Anyone know the HP fill situation in either place (Outer Banks and Pensacola areas).

Cheers!!

Neil

edit: although, thinking about it, a 3000 fill on the high pressures would give us 87 cuFt... so, not so bad if we are underfilled. Still wouldnt mind knowing if there are shops doing full 3500 psi though.

Last edited:
There are at least three shops in the Nashville are. Certainly one of them can do it. There used to be a tech shop on the south end but I am not sure they are still in business. Pemmyroyal Scuba is about 30 mins from Nashville. Welcome To Ky's Beautiful Blue Springs Resort We dive there from time to time. You can get 35 mfw and the vis is generally good. I think you can get HP fills there.

Dale

North Florida is "Cave Diving Country", it is not uncommon to get 4000psi fills on LOW PRESSURE cylinders. Outer Banks: depends if you are hooked in with the fillers. I exclusively run LP cylinders. I can fill when in the Panhandle of Florida for you...AIR or NITROX.

CAPT JACK
Dive Navarre

I've never had an issue getting HP fills from Mobile, Alabama to Ft. Lauderdale, and just about every 50 miles in between.

I do occasionally run into a shop that only does 100% O2 partial pressure blending, which to me, is just incredible, but luckily I've only had this happen a few times, and there was always a shop close that did continuous blending, or PP blending with premixed 40% instead of pure oxygen.

I've also seen my buddy have trouble getting + fills, or cave fills on his LP tanks outside of Cave Country. If you have a regular LDS that'll do it, it''s a different story, but if you're going to be bouncing all over Florida, you might do better sticking to your HP tanks.

What about in NC or Florida, since they are close enough for long weekend trips? Anyone know the HP fill situation in either place (Outer Banks and Pensacola areas).

Not sure about Pensacola, but in Destin and Panama City are also "panhandle dive destinations" .

Panama City Dive Charters (Pat Green's shop) banks High Pressure EAN 32

In Destin, Scuba Tech banks EAN32 and does partial pressure HP fills.

You might also want to check out Vortex Springs north of Panama City. while it's not a large spring to dive in, they have HP EAN banked also. Morrison Springs is about 15 minutes south of Vortex and is a favorite also. It's a county park, with no fills on site, but people go to Vortex for fills typically (if not headed back towards the beach).

Neil, give me a shout when you get in the area. I can show you a couple quarries to the east of Nashville.

Neil, give me a shout when you get in the area. I can show you a couple quarries to the east of Nashville.

Cool, will do. I accepted the job and will be moving over with my fiance late April. I'll give you a shout in May. We've seen Martha quarry as a decent spot- kinda pricey though for entry. Any free access places in the area?

Cheers

Sent from my HTC Aria using Tapatalk

We have a lake to the north of us (Cookeville) that is supposed to be pretty clear. Especially in the winter months. The two quarries I'm diving are the philadelphia ($12 entry, with fills during the summer months) and the Loch Low-Minn ($20 entry $5 fills). I'm trying to start a club in the Upper Cumberland area so I'm certain I'll find some more places locally. Martha's is somewhat of a hassle for me to go to since I'm east of Nashville and all the stuff you need to do. Also the swim from the put-in is quite a distance. We are hoping to open a quarry just east of Crossville as well.

I'm trying to start a club in the Upper Cumberland area so I'm certain I'll find some more places locally... We are hoping to open a quarry just east of Crossville as well.

Cool. What does it take to open a quarry? Small project for use by the club you have planned or larger commercial venture? We'd be interested in learning more about the club and quarry, esp if we could contribute.

Cheers

Sent from my HTC Aria using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom